TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
jellis

Default Outfitting questions on jack/power

Just ordered a new 3124KB. Thanks to all on this forum for helping us make the right choice. We undoubtedly would have made a mistake without your comments and advice.

Now we have a couple of questions on equipment; One, what size/type of jack are most people carrying? (I'm referring to jack for changing a flat.) I assume a bottle jack would be preferred, but how short a jack do I need to get under a flat wheel--assuming a 2X6 underneath to steady it--and how long a throw do I need to get the wheel high enough to mount the spare? Has anyone tried a rolling floor-type hydraulic jack instead? How did it work?

Secondly, the 2006 brochure shows a "45 amp" power converter vs. the former 30 amp. Does this mean I can use 45 amps of AC power, coming from the 12 volt battery? Or is it just to take a spike? This sounds like a big draw from a small battery. Obviously, I'm missing something. Just want to know what.

Thanks again for a great forum. Am subscribing permanently as soon as I get an address and can get a check in the mail.

Jon and Rita