TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #21
MikeBiondo

We found our first mouse a few days ago. The little bugger was in the early stages of nest building between fridge wall and fresh water holding tank under the dinette seat. I store our TM opened, in a metal building (certainly not mouse proof). The TM seems pretty well sealed up - no obvious gaps between the seals, or the bottom of the door.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how the little buggers get in! I completely (I think!) checked the bottom for obvious openings - all openings I could find were sealed up tight.

Have you folks found any other less obvious openings that mice can gain access?

Thanks!

Mike-
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #22
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Mike -

Get down on your back (a garage creeper helps) and scoot around under the TM. There are several openings that should be screened - but sometimes the screens get pulled off. Two or more under the refrig, one (at least) under the tub, another under the converter, perhaps a secret entry into the rear underfloor compartment (which a 2619 may not have), as well as openings for the gas and water pipes. A can of expanding foam, or some 1/4" hardware cloth and a stapler, can work wonders.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #23
MikeBiondo

Thanks for the suggestions! I did manage to find a large, unscreened opening in the area where the shore power cord is stored. I opened the rear access door, and felt around in there - there is a large hole cut in the rear wall, in line with the false wall of the bathroom.

I usually leave the small, streetside power cord access door open after pulling out the power cord, so I'm figuring the power cord makes for a pretty good mouse highway into the TM. I guess I better start keeping it closed!!!

I'm not sure if there is a way to screen up that opening in rear wall. There's not enough room back there to attach a piece of screen, and the hole is too large for foam. Might be a good place to keep some peppermint soaked cotton balls though...

Thanks again...

Mike-
Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #24
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have had good results attaching screen in various places to the TM with little bits of Mighty Putty. (This is a product "as seen on TV" I either got it at Walgreens or Bed Bath and Beyond.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote