TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2003, 03:21 AM   #1
smookie

Default sink shelf

I've been reading about the overhead cabinet and how you can't really put heavy items in it. It also is pretty expensive.

We made an over-the-sink pine shelf. It is like a "hutch" and rests on the countertop on each side of the sink. It isn't heavy since it is pine. The left bottom side rests on the left side of the side next to the bathroom wall and the right side is slightly shorter and rests on the counter above the refrigerator. There is a cut-out in the shelves for the area where the top clamshell protrudes forward on that wall. It is just short enough to put it in place without bashing the ceiling, yet makes use of the space on the blank wall. We can keep all our dishes, dishpan and drainer, pots and pans out in neat piles when we are staying for a few days. When we leave camp, we pack it all into the cabinets. The shelf rests on the floor when travelling and it is easy to work around since you can step through the empty shelves if you need to get around in there. If you have other items that need to be held in place, they can go on the floor in the shelf unit.

We made the shelves tall enough to hold the coffee maker and a "wine box". My clever husband added a small electrical outlet strip at the bottom so we can plug our TV and a lamp into the outlet without using both spots on the single outlet on the side of the fridge.

Our brand new TM 2720SL is supposed to arrive any day now. Are we eager or what?! We traded our 2619 in May and kept our handy pine shelf for the new one.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:16 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: sink shelf

Now that is a nice idea!  Simple, and very effective.  Wine box?  My favorite for on-the-road!  Congrats to you and your clever hubby.  Got any pix?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 02:59 AM   #3
smookie

I'll take a picture of the shelf and post it soon. We are "in between" Trail Manors at the moment since we traded in our 2619 on a 2720SL last month. In the meantime, we are waiting for the phone to ring so we can go pick up our new unit.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
bell
Site Sponsor

I also sold my 2619 in May  and ordered 2004 2720 sl.The new bumpers are the hold up.
bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:57 AM   #5
smookie

Bell,
Do you have any idea of how long the bumper delay will take? All we were told is that some part is lacking at the factory. Thanks, smookie
Old 06-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #6
bell
Site Sponsor

Some of the bumpers are due next week,but I am not sure the plant is open.My unit is coming from L&S in johnson city Tenn.Where is your unit going?
bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 03:14 PM   #7
smookie

We are getting our 2720SL from Dallas, PA. Let's hope that the plant is open and we are on the top of the list.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:02 AM   #8
Rene_R

We're waiting for a 2004 2720 in So. Cal.  The dealer anticipates it'll be here mid-July.   :
Old 06-29-2003, 07:09 AM   #9
smookie

Rene R,
When did you order your TM? We ordered ours on May 27. We live about 13 hours north of TN in southeastern NY. I'm just trying to figure out when to expect it. Our dealer should call us on Monday with a "straight answer" from TrailManor. Thanks, smookie
Old 06-29-2003, 08:09 AM   #10
Rene_R

We ordered it on June 8 at the RV show in Santa Barbara.  We were told it could take as long as 5 weeks to get it, putting us right around mid July.  Then we were told they may get it to us earlier, around July 1, and then the latest is around July 15.

I can hardly wait!