TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
sgl22150

Default Factory responce

I have sent 3 emails over the last two weeks to the factory asking for info about the new Rise . I will be in Tenn. next week and had hoped to go to the factory to see how they are built and review the product. I also called but got an answering machine. I did get an email saying that someone called . He did not answer any questions or give any advice. I tried to call but got a machine. I am away from the phone most of the time so I explained an email is best way to contact. That was several days ago and still no reply. Is this the normal service for this company?
Old 10-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #2
MisterP

I cannot speak for the factory, obviously, but a single customer looking for a tour and prospective purchasing info may not be the factory's highest priority. That's what their dealer network is for (except for the tour). The factory turned over parts orders to the dealers for the same reason.

You may wish to discuss your interests with a convenient dealer first.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Seems to be a crap shoot for some with the factory response, they have always been quick with us. On the other hand dealer response seems to be less then ideal for us. The one dealer we had good dealings with in TX no longer handles the TM.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
sgl22150

Default Reply

Thank you for the comments. The factory web site welcomes prospective buyers to visit the factory, They at least advertise for a single person to show interest. I contacted the dealer closest to my home. They do not stock any units. The salesman told me he had never heard of the Rise and suggested I contact the factory. The dealer told me if I could get a model number he would try to get me a price! I am not trying to start an argument or trying to flame Trailmanor. I tried to find another dealer but the factory website will not give a list of dealers. I do find it strange that the web site advertises the Rise and gives a link for more info then does not reply.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Nice bunch of people once you get connected. We did a tune up in the spring and saw the rise mock-up. But it did take sever calls to get connected. They run a very lean staff.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I think "very lean staff" is a good description. The company is experiencing a lot of growth, and is designing and introducing several new models, as well as setting up production for them, and setting up the new factory. The people - Bob and Cleo, and Ed Lytle especially - are absolutely first class, but are probably working 12-hour days, seven days a week. Patience is called for.

Where do you live? A few of the dealers ought to have RISE models on the lot. I'm thinking specifically of The Car Show (Colo Springs) and Custom RV in Ontario, Calif, but at any given moment, others may have them as well.

By the way, I may be wrong, but I think the Rise will be made in Nebraska, not Tennessee.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl22150 View Post
Thank you for the comments. The factory web site welcomes prospective buyers to visit the factory, They at least advertise for a single person to show interest. I contacted the dealer closest to my home. They do not stock any units. The salesman told me he had never heard of the Rise and suggested I contact the factory. The dealer told me if I could get a model number he would try to get me a price! I am not trying to start an argument or trying to flame Trailmanor. I tried to find another dealer but the factory website will not give a list of dealers. I do find it strange that the web site advertises the Rise and gives a link for more info then does not reply.
I was not trying to trash your efforts as a consumer to gain information about a product, but Bill's and others' descriptions of a lean organization was a better way to state what I said.

I have often found a disconnect between a company's marketing policy that states "call us anytime, we are here to help" and the reality of actually getting someone to do so when you need that help. I hope you are able to get the information you need.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
gocntry

I received an email with the fall newsletter on September 13th 2014, with an article by Cleo Eickhoff in the article it Quoted

"Specs and photos
for the new RISE travel trailer will be on our website –
probably by the time this newsletter gets sent out."

There are 3 interior pics, no exterior pics and under the Specs it still says "
Under construction.

If you’d like to be notified when more details are available for the Rise by TrailManor, email us here or call 402.316.7288."

Maybe they hit a few snags?? Or are just slow at updating dealers and customers with the new rise??