TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default Folding when wet

As new TM owners we're curious about what everyone does when they have to fold up the TM when it's wet. The first time we did this we were at home and could dry off the lower roof with towels. How do the curtains fare from having contact with the wet outside wall sections?
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
kempert
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Folding when wet

I've closed mine down several times when it was raining and have never had a problem with the curtains being wet. I must admit that I never really thought about it. Now you got me wondering what happens!
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:17 AM   #3
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

[quote author=Caver link=board=1;threadid=1881;start=msg13333#msg13333 date=1083113288]
As new TM owners we're curious about what everyone does when they have to fold up the TM when it's wet. The first time we did this we were at home and could dry off the lower roof with towels. How do the curtains fare from having contact with the wet outside wall sections?
[/quote]

I've had to fold up about 3 times during rainstorms and have no recollection of having damp curtains when I re-opened the trailer. The key as T-C notes, is to close the curtains before folding...that flattens them and pretty much insures they won't brush the lower walls during closing/re-opening as long as the trailer is level so the upper shells don't tilt to the side while moving along the lower walls. A damp roof seems to dry itself in transit; even it does stay wet it doesn't hurt anything.

The only aftermath I've had from folding up wet (I folded it during heavy rain in a thunderstorm) is the GFI breaker for the interior electrical outlets tripped when I plugged the trailer into a campground's shore power (one of the few times I camped someplace that had electrical hookups). I was a bit baffled because the breaker didn't appear to be tripped so I called my dealer for ideas on where to troubleshoot. He told me that sometimes there's enough general dampness in the trailer after folding up, then traveling during heavy rain that the GFI will trip, and that trip is very difficult to see...he had me switch the breaker fully off, then back on and the problem was solved (the trailer had had about 20 minutes to dry out by then...when it isn't raining, moisture evaporates very fast in Colorado's dry air).
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:59 PM   #4
Caver
Site Sponsor

I hadn't even thought about closing the curtains to keep them from getting wet. Great suggestion!

Two 90 watt solar panels arrived today. I hope to have them operational in the next two weeks. Thanks to RockyMtnRay I've had a chance to learn from his solar experience.
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote