TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
dombrows

Default Most fuel efficient TV?

Hello!
We are a young family with two small children (2.5 and 11 mos) thinking very seriously about investing in a Trailmanor for trips around the country (thinking 1-4 weeks at a time). I grew up traveling about in a minivan pulling a small pop up camper with my brother and parents and initially went into my research with the assumption we would get a small RV (I always envied the families with RVs instead of pop ups). I loved the idea of being able to pull up somewhere without having to set up the pop up... and I wanted something with a toilet because rare is the night I don't make at least one trip to the bathroom! However, after what feels like LOTS of research, I'm liking the idea of the Trailmanor because of:
1. Cost
2. Quick set up
3. Storage... might fit in our garage?
4. Bathroom
5. Hard sides (better for three season camping, I assume, and can possibly even be set up in a Walmart parking lot in a pinch... maybe?)
6. Can be dropped at site and TV is free for driving
7. Easier to tow than regular size trailer

We'll be looking for one that has at least two full size beds (with one ideally at least a queen), but I'm otherwise not too worried about lots of interior floor space because we don't plan to spend much time in it other than to cook, sleep, and hunker down if stuck in bad weather. So, probably a 2720 or smaller, depending on what we can find used.

With ALL that said, purchasing a Trailmanor also means having to purchase a tow vehicle. We are a one car family and plan to sell our Prius so that we still have only one car. We know full well that we'll be losing a lot in fuel efficiency going from our 40+mpg Prius to some sort of SUV, minivan, or Crossover, but I'm struggling to sort through all the options. So, I'm posting here to see if someone might be able to suggest:

What are some of the most fuel efficient vehicles that can tow one of the smaller Trailmanors? We are looking to buy used, so older model years are welcomed.

Any suggestions regarding the TV or even any insight on which Trailmanor to look for would be much appreciated!
dombrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel efficient, kids, tow vehicle