TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
Joe

Default Jamestown/Williamsburg Virginia 400th Anniversary

In 1607 the first permanent English settlement in the New World was established at Jamestown Virginia. This year marks the 400th anniversary. The queen of England is coming, and lots of other people. There are too many events to name here. Log on to http://jamestown2007.org and follow the links. If you are looking for camping facilities, click on Visit Virginia in the sidebar, then click Accomodations, Camping. To narrow the search to this area, in Search By Region, select Tidewater/Hampton Roads.
Come and visit "America's First Region"! Bring the children; it will be educational.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
FarmerBill

I agree with Joe, Williamsburg is always educational and down right interesting.
This past November my wife and I camped at the American Heritage RV Park which is a few miles outside of Williamsburg between I-64 and US 60 and very easy to get to. See it at www.americanheritagervpark.com. The park was comfortable and clean with easy pull through sites and full hookups. Two nights were below freezing and the TM kept us toasty warm and dry. Don't forget to bring in the fresh water hose on freezing nights or use an electric heat wrap on the hose.
Bill from VA
FarmerBill is offline   Reply With Quote