TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
TexasThunder

Default Palo Duro State Park, Texas

Some storms were passing through when we stopped here for a couple of days. The weather was never that severe down in the canyon, and it did make for some nice photos with dramatic lighting. We saw lots of roadrunners, its just hard to get them to be still for a photo. We also saw some wild turkeys, deer and big spiders, (thats a dime beside it for size comparison).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	palo_dura_camping.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1269   Click image for larger version

Name:	palo_dura_runner.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1270  
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
TexasThunder

No we didn't get to see the "Texas" show. I hear its good and it will definitely be on my list the next time I pass through.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
wwjam

Cool pictures.... except for the spider. It looks like it might be the size of a saucer plate!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
edweidig

Default Camping at Palo Duro

I agree that Palo Duro is a great place to visit. I didn't have my TM yet when I was there, I stayed in a KOA Kabin in Amarillo. I thought about how nice the park was and took several pictures to try to encourage my son who has a trailer to make the trip. So far he hasn't, but now that I have my 3124KS, Palo Duro is on my short list. I'm hoping we can caravan up there soon.

Attached is a picture from when I was up there. I have more but they're archived. I'll just have to make another trip up there and get some new ones. Hmm, maybe late September when it cools down some ~ ~ ~ ~