TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2002, 02:43 PM   #1

Default We just bought a 1998-2720!!

Hello!

We just bought a 1998-2720, for a great price I might add, and I was looking for storage tips!  We will be camping with 4 children(ages 7,4,3 1/2, 9 months) and I was looking for ideas on where to put all of their stuff.  This is our first experience with anything but a tent so we are open to ideas!

Thanks!!!
Old 06-15-2002, 02:46 AM   #2
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Default Re: We just bought a 1998-2720!!

I have a TM2619. We are two adults and two children (12 & 14) and our trailer can get little cozy, especially on the rainy days.

When our children were smaller, we used the drawers below the wardrobe for their clothes. We could usually get about 4 or 5 days worth of clothes in two drawers because their clothes were smaller. This is no longer true. The third drawer we use for large cooking utensil and other things. We refer to this as the "junk" drawer. Now we use duffle bags for clothes which we store on the beds during the day and in the shower at night. Keep in mind you may need to dry out the shower. Soggy luggage is no fun.

When we first got the trailer, shoes were our biggest problem. The floor wasn't big enough to hold them all. We keep all our shoes in a laundry basket which we keep on the bed during the day, and store under the table that is made into a bed at night. Also, you can move all the shoes in one pick up instead of several.

We have a rubbermaid plastic drawer on the counter next to the wardrobe and stackable wire shelves on top of that. We put most of the groceries in and on this. Also, the bottom of the wardobe is good for storing items such as juice and soda that we use to replenish the refrig.

Because you have a smaller trailer like me, you have to work on your PHD (Piled Higher and Deeper).

On those rainy days don't think of it as being crowded but a time to be close to the family. ;D

Moving up from a tent, I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy the luxury of your TrailManor.

Good luck and happy camping!
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:52 AM   #3

Thank you for the great info!  I can't wait to put your ideas into use!!!!  
Old 06-15-2002, 03:23 AM   #4

If you are former tent campers - with the kids - you should have no problems.  Whatever and wherever you stored all the "stuff" before is still a viable solution.

When we tent camped, a lot of our stuff stayed in the trunk of the car or in a Rubbermaid-type storage box.

Certainly, you did not keep everything in your tent and you don't have to keep everything in your Trailmanor.

I think that the storage limitations of a Trailmanor are noticed more by those who had other types of trailers previously.

If you are looking forward to camping with your four small children, you must already be a creative, flexible person.

Have fun with your family and your new Trailmanor.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:15 AM   #5
Happytrails

If there is a lot of stuff, how about taking along a small tent and using that as storage? Karen and I used to take two tents with us when we camped for any extended period of time, one to store our gear in, and the other as "our" area. We'll probably do the same thing with our trailer as well. Just a thought.....

Happytrails.......