TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2001, 07:57 AM   #1
hal

Default Hands Free Shower

Hands Free Showering    

Showering while using the standard shower setup that comes standard with the TrailManor  can be a real challenge.  But regular showering can be very important, especially if you are not allowed to sleep  in the trailer any longer.  

How would you liike a hands free system, that you can assemble in about fifteen minutes and cost about $30.00?  (Please take a look at the picture to see a simple answer).  It can all be put together without directions but after having done a few of these, there are some important suggestions that will make assembly easier.  

These directions also offer other suggestions on how to make your shower area more practical.  If you wish to have a copy of these directions please send request to [email protected]
Old 09-08-2001, 02:00 PM   #2

Default Re: Hands Free Shower

Hello all.

Just a note about Hal's Shower Head mod that might save you some running around town for parts. I found some stuff at Walmart, some at K-mart, some at Meijer's. But EVERYTHING (exept for the shower head mount), at Lowes. They even had the dispensers in the 2, 3, 4, and 5 bottles. And three dfferent brands to choose from. The shower head mount, I found at my local camping dealier in white or clear.

Mack
Old 09-09-2001, 07:23 AM   #3

I would love the info on the hands free shower.  
Old 10-01-2001, 01:18 AM   #4

We just used our "hands-free" shower setup this week-end and it was great.  I hung it on the wall opposite the faucet because hanging on the side wall made it stick out too far.  But it performed wonderfully.  One other improvement in the shower situation:  My wife replaced the white shower curtains with clear ones and it really takes away that closed-in feeling.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:57 AM   #5
hal

I’m glad that you find the shower apparatus to your liking.  We have used ours frequently and decided that the trip to the campground shower isn’t necessary any longer.  While assembling it is pretty basic, it is worth your while to send for a brochure that also tells you other things to do, such as replacing the plastic curtains with polyester curtains.  With the ideas in this brochure, you can make your terlit a palace instead of just a throne.

Hal
Old 11-17-2001, 03:51 PM   #6
Gene

I have a no cost solution to a hands free shower. Take an extra long twistim and attach it to two front curtain rollers next to each other. Hang the shower head on the looped twistim. Volta! Hands Free Shower.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:06 AM   #7
KB7OUR

I know this is an older thread, but I do have a question for anyone who has built the noted hands free shower. I found the dispenser and the shower head holder. What kind of hook is used to hang it to the shower wall?

Wade
Old 06-18-2002, 11:14 AM   #8
Happytrails

Well, I don't have all the dispensers and all that, but someone had installed a "hands free" shower head holder in mine already, and it's simply screwed into the wall. Then again, I don't have a tub or anything, it's a wet bathroom......shower curtain all around everything....

Happytrails....
Old 06-18-2002, 03:32 PM   #9

Hello Wade,
You have to attach an over the door type hook on to the back of the soap dispenser.
Hope this helps .
Red
Old 06-19-2002, 01:08 AM   #10
Chris_Bauer

The last trip to Texas I bought a stick on razor holder made of plastic.  It has a plastic prong on each side to hold the razor.  I attached it to the wall in the shower and it held the shower head.  I'd give it a three star rating out of five.  It didn't break when we closed or opened the TM.  Let's see how long it lasts.  I'm a pretty frugal (cheap really is a better word) guy so I am happy with my $1.50 shower head holder.

Chris