TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-18-2002, 08:28 AM   #1
DancinCampers

Default Refrigerator Defrost

Good day all,

I recently modified my drip pan which is located under the cooling coil in my refridg.  I drilled a small hole in the bottom near the back & inserted a brass ferrel ( these are included in home icemaker kits which use plastic tubing.  They are inserted into the tubing to keep it from collapseing when you tighten the nut to connect the tubing to the icemaker or filter).

I installed some small shims made of cardboard under the front edges of the drip pan so that the pan slanted backwards.

When I defrost the unit, the water collects in the pan & flows out through the ferrel.  I place a small plastic soda bottle to catch the water.  You could also use a glass or a bowl.  

No more trying to remove the pan full of water to dump it, or placing towels to catch the water from the coil.

Have a great day,

Dan
Old 10-18-2002, 08:58 AM   #2
Moonshot

Default Re: Refrigerator Defrost

Good idea, Dan.

Unfortunately I have yet to stay in my TM long enough to build up some frost! How long did it take you to frost up, a week, two weeks? I'd imagine it's easier to frost up in the summer...

Thanks.

Scott
Old 11-21-2002, 01:24 AM   #3
arknoah

A good question, Scott.  We've been in the TM for up to thre weeks and never had any appreciable frost in the fridge.  Maybe you have to move in for the season to produce it!  And since we have a seasonal site for next year.... hmmm.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
2619PDX

If you've got ice build up, it could be that your setting on the dial is too low and you're actually in the freezer range?

I found this to be the case with my 2619. I got a refirg thermometer from Camping world that show the temps and experimented with the rotary dial. Now I keep mine set about 4 which produces about 38 to 40 degrees F and NO ICE.

Hope this helps!

Gregg