TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2002, 10:12 AM   #1
Happytrails

Default Tip on cleaning the outside of your TM

I was given the heads up about using Purple Power (about 3 bucks at any advance store), to clean all the junk off the outside of my TM by a mechanic at a garage. Went out, bought a bottle, my 1986 TM that looked like it was a 1986 TM now looks almost brand new! It worked EXTREMELY well cleaning all the old mildew, etc off of my tm bringing back it's color. My TM was looking a little "yellowed" and had a lot of old mildew on the outside, the Purple Power got rid of ALL of that! The difference was simply amazing! Used it in combo with a scrub brush, and it all came off nice and easy. One bottle is enough to do the entire TM

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 10-07-2002, 12:19 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: Tip on cleaning the outside of your TM

With this product, do you do a lot of rubbing?  I;m wondering if ytou have to worry about rubbing off the graphics.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:22 AM   #3
Happytrails

I just used a small scrub brush, was easy and quick, and it's graphics safe.............

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 03-29-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
ryanra

I received a bottle of Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and a bottle of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (clear coat safe) as presents last Christmas.

Would any of this be safe for a 2002 TM outsite?

Thanks,
Rudy
???
Old 03-30-2003, 01:04 PM   #5
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I received a bottle of Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and a bottle of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (clear coat safe) as presents last Christmas.

Would any of this be safe for a 2002 TM outsite?

Thanks,
Rudy
???

I think that the Meguiar's is a very gentle, safe cleaner. The TM is Crystal Coated which is a very tough exterior. They say that it never needs waxing, but I keep a bottle of "Protect All" in the trailer and will use it quite regularly.

Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:33 PM   #6
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Larry,

I second the motion about the Protect All. I have used it since about 1993. It goes on easy and buffs off just as easy. It gives you a nice shine and helps from having the dirt get ground into the finish. Lasts for 2 or 3 washings. Great stuff!! I bought the gallon jug from Camping world, and I just refill my spray bottle when it gets empty. It's a lot cheaper this way!!

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #7
hal

I like to keep the front of our trailer waxed.  It surely makes it easier to clean off the bugs.  And besides, I get 10 more miles per gallon.

hal
Old 04-02-2003, 01:23 AM   #8
Bruce

Our TM is kept outside and after 3 or 4 months of storage it needs a good cleaning. I have been happy with a product I bought at Camping World called ReNew 3000. It is a liquid cleaner and polish that leaves a nice & shiny finish.

Bruce