TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
newtome3326k
Site Sponsor

Smile Rear-view camera

I don't have any pictures as it is stored off site. When they ran the wire from the inside using wire covers to hide it. (Stick on kind)it comes across the bottom and out to the plug in receptacle. The reason we die it that way is when the TM is up I didn't want excess wire hanging around. I will have it out again labor day and would be glad to take pictures of the wiring and everything.
WDH, Brake Controler, 2 Pioneer cameras
newtome3326k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtome3326k View Post
I don't have any pictures as it is stored off site. When they ran the wire from the inside using wire covers to hide it. (Stick on kind)it comes across the bottom and out to the plug in receptacle. The reason we die it that way is when the TM is up I didn't want excess wire hanging around. I will have it out again labor day and would be glad to take pictures of the wiring and everything.
Thanks I would definitely love to see detailed pics of your install since you seem to have done what I plan on doing. I haven't even looked my self yet I just know wiring has to be thought out carefully to install on the top of rear shell. I can usually figure out installs since I have done many over the years in customized vehicles just never done one with moving shells.

About the only way I see in pics to get wires from the top is to route them down the torsion bars & then to the tongue.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
Larry Gault

I had an idea for a cheap back-up camera so I tried it out and works great. All you need is a laptop and one of them $20 web camera's. I made a extention USB cable so it would reach from hitch area to front seat of my TM. Now if I'm trying to hook up TM by myself I just temp attach my camera to the tailgate and hook up to my laptop sitting in the front seat and go.