TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Wayne - if you got one of these blenders, you wouldn't need the generator at all.

Dave
The reason I like the Margaritaville machine is because I just fill the top with ice, then for each pitcher full pour the liquid ingredients into the blender/pitcher and push the button.

It will start by shaving the ice. Then it starts to run the blender while continuing to shave more ice. When it stops, just pour.

I don't have to measure the ice. I only measure the liquid ingredients.

I got it as a Christmas gift. It works really well.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #12
camp2canoe

Dave - Because the Cobb uses so little charcoal, I think you'd be adding briquettes so many times that it would be a hassle. Doable but a pain. I have found a way to get some smoke flavor in a hurry. I keep one of those little olive cans in the TM and when firing up the Cobb I fill the can with hickory (or whatever) chips and then top off the can with water. When the coals are ready I pour off the water and set the can directly on the coals. We did this last Saturday with a butterflied chicken and it worked great. - camp2canoe
Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp2canoe View Post
Dave - Because the Cobb uses so little charcoal, I think you'd be adding briquettes so many times that it would be a hassle. Doable but a pain.
Yea, I think that's a deal killer. I think I recall reading somewhere that every time you open the lid, you add 10-15 minutes of cook time, as it takes that long to reheat the grill. With my Weber 22" grill, I add about 6-8 or so briquettes ever 2 hours (with the temp at 200-250), so it's not too big a deal. But since it's an all day affair already, I wouldn't want to go any longer.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #14
wmtire

I keep my Muffin Man toaster in the trailer and the house. I have several camping buddies who won't let me come with them, unless I make the egg mcmuffins for breakfast. LOL

I have experimented with different brands of english muffins and can make them that taste better than Mickey D's ever has........or make them similar to Ronald's House if I like.

I've had it for several years and only paid about half of what they cost on Amazon right now. I got it on sale from Herriington"s....but they don't seem to be selling the two muffin model that I have right now (just the single). What neither website shows in their pics, is that you place your pre-cooked canadian bacon or sausage, on the tray over where the eggs are poaching. The steam from the eggs also warms the meat at the same time. When the muffins pop up, then it's all ready. The way I do it, is to place your cheese on the bottom muffin and place the hot poached egg on top of the cheese to melt it. Then place the canadian bacon/sausage on top of the egg, and put the top muffin on it.

Man, I've made myself hungry talking about it. I think I will make a few for dinner.

http://www.amazon.com/Chefscape-TEMP.../dp/B000WQ2K6Y

http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/h157.html

EDIT: When in the camper, I have to use an extension cord/power supply direct from the pedestal, as this thing will trip the breaker in the camper. I usually just set a table up outside the trailer, and make them there.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
I like to smoke pork shoulders for 8-12 hrs
What time is supper?

Tim
Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #16
Scottie Dogs

For extended camping trips we like our small crock-pot and the Nuwave infrared red oven. They fit in the Explorer in a corner and don’t take up much room. Good healthy eating. Between the 2 they make everything, Ribs, chops, chicken, then we have a salad.

Dave
Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
clown9644

A complete list of all the good restaurants in the area. But then again I'm a widower so what do I know! Sorry just had to do it.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default This thread is EVIL!!! Save yourself read no further!

Okay...So when this thread started...I had to have the the Aerobie coffee press and we do like it. It makes really great coffee.

Then I got intrigued by the Cobb Grill...we love it and I did get it on mark down at Camping world for only 35.00 ...you don't really need to know about all the accessories I have purchased over time. We love the Cobb Grill Charcoal..it is even fun to light.

Now it seems I may have a Muffin Man in my future.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #19
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post

Now it seems I may have a Muffin Man in my future.
Dina and I have been communicating thru PM's about the muffin man toaster. She's billing me for the cost of it, saying it's all my fault. She found a good deal on Amazon for a two muffin model. It also shows the tray where you place the canadian bacon/sausage.

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-TE...ref=pd_sim_k_2

Anyhow, I thought I would copy part of one of our messages here in case anyone else get's one....as to a few things I have learned with mine.

If you get one, here are a few lessons learned.

1. The little metal tray where you pour the water, works better if you clean it after each use. As the water boils off, it leaves a residue (I think just from stuff in the water). It almost looks like a rust. All you have to do is take a wet cloth while it's warm, and it wipes right off. From what I can tell, there must be a sensor attached to this metal tray, that when the water level boils off (evaporates), then the machine knows to turn off. If you don't clean the tray, it seems to trick the sensor if you cook another round right after the first, and the eggs don't cook fully the next go around. I usually cook about three rounds (6 muffins cause that's how they come in a pack) while out with friends. Wipe off the tray each time, and you're good to go. It just takes a few seconds to do it. Also wipe it off after you finish. If you let the residue dry, you have to scrub harder to get the residue off before you use it the next time.

2. It comes with a water measuring cup, and has different predetermined level lines for if you want your eggs harder or softer. I use just a hair more than the medium line, and get the eggs perfect.

3. On the toasting part, it has adjusting knobs for the level of toasting. I turn the knobs to the halfway point on each side (but this is a preference thing)

4. The egg poaching pans are coated with an antistick stuff, but that's not good enough. Spray them with PAM or coat with a butter BEFORE you place your egg in them (every time). If there is any residue in the pans after you slide your egg out, here again wipe them out while they're warm and it makes cleanup so much easier and gets it ready for the next round. You have four pans (well, the one I bought does), and can alternate between the two sets as you cook/clean them.

When an egg is poached, I take a little plastic spoon and make sure to kinda just work it around the entire edge of the egg and pan, then go up under the egg middle, and it releases the egg from the pan in one piece. This is why you want to use PAM, so the egg doesn't stick to the pan, and tear when you try to remove it.

Also, when you put the raw egg into the pan initially before poaching, use your plastic spoon to break the yolk. Gravity will then take place and the yolk will spread out. If you don't bust the yolk, then you will have a poached egg that is thin on the edges with the white, and has a think center with the yellow.You want the egg to be fairly uniform throughout. You don't need to stir it up. but just bust the yolk, after you place the pans in the cooker. Like I said gravity will do the rest.

It may seem like a lot to remember but it's not. Once you cook a few, you'll be able to do it quickly and with hardly any effort. Is your mouth watering yet?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #20
clown9644

Well no more smarty mouth, that toaster thingy looks just what a guy like me could use. I am ordering one and will send you the bill also~!
Thanks for the tip

Dave