TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #21
ng2951

I agree the toilet is hardly a problem. Its just like the ones on aircraft except for the flapper door on the bottom of the door.

The chemicals that are used in the toilet is what makes everything work right. It is a real witches brew designed to kill anything microbial. Dittos on using potty toddy, it really tops off the system, though I have had good results without using them.

I will say that if you do not empty it after a few weeks it will develop a slight odor. I think that is because some of the lighter components in the blue water might have evaporated off. But realistically you will probably have to empty before then anyway.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
LizarooK

Default We LOVE our TM!

We are new owners and just took our first trip with our 2006 2720SL. We loved it! We are not RV'ers, but have tent camped for many years. I got tired of fighting my way out of the tent to go out in 40 degree weather to use the facilities. We have been looking at TM's for a few years, because we thought the design was so great!
We had so much fun this last week, figuring out all the "bells and whistles". I imagine that some may not like the set up part of the TM, but we find it fun and not hard at all. We have trained our 17 year old twins on how to set it up too, so if we forget something, they can assist!
We look forward to many years of camping and fun, and with the help of the great folks on the forum, we can minimize the problems!
Liz K.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #23
LifeIsGood

We LOVE our Trailmanor! This is our first trailer (only did tent camping before) and we feel we made the best choice for us. We are amazed at how comfortable we've been in it from day one. We've slept in it on a few cold winter nights and the furnace kept us warm and toasty. There are no drafts to speak of if you make sure your blankets cover all the way to the edges around your bed. I've read so many posts about the bed being uncomfortable but we find it to be awesome! We sleep so soundly on it - it is firm but like a tempur-pedic mattress where your body slowly sinks into it to give you great support. I'm wondering if the mattresses have been improved in the newer models? If not, can anyone out there tell me if after awhile they start to lose their firmness and get sinky which would make them uncomfortable in that way? The bathroom may be small but most bathrooms in trailers are quite small. I find the shower perfect for me and my arms don't touch the shower curtain while washing my hair - it extends out further than the tub (but I am small 5'-1"). We bought a port-a-privy outdoor shower for the men so they'd have more room at Cabela's for $40. The bathroom fan defogs the mirror in less than 5 minutes even with the window shut and the lighting is great in the bathroom for putting on your makeup. Tons of lighting and comfort and enough space to move around and not feel claustrophobic - all in a pop-up camper. When we realized that the big box trailers cut your mileage in half, it became an easy choice for us. Little problems like a cracked kitchen sprayer head are minor and would probably happen in any type of RV. This forum is the best support one could find for an owner of a TM, too. Go check them out and have a dealer show you how to open and close one and sit in one for awhile and get a feel for it. Good luck with your choice!

Linda
08 2720SL
07 GMC Sierra 1500 w/Crew Cab
Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
ng2951

Well after a trip from Louisiana to near Albuquerque, NM (2-weeks) our mileage really suffered in the high mountains between 9-14 mpg dragging our 3326 behind our V6 Tacoma. Flatlands mileage was 16-18.

Our only real problem has been getting the refrigerator to run on the TV (tow vehicle) DC. We are still trying resolve that one.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #25
kempert
Site Sponsor

Absolutely!

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #26
bama-tm

I have only had my 2619 for a short time but we love it. My wife has really enjoyed it and our kids think its the best thing ever!

I really like how I can store it in my garage.

It was a real conversation peice at the campground with our neighbors the first day in camp. Everyone was like.."I would really like to have one of those"!

We looked for a month and finally found a 2006 which was barely used at all and we got a great deal.

Good luck
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #27
GDORancher

Default We love it and the fuel economy

We have a 3326 we bought in 2006 and love it and the concept. We have had pop-ups and a 26' pull-behind. These have almost no observable effect on fuel economy and little wind effect. The only reason we want to sell ours is that we have used it only one time and then I had back surgery which makes it difficult for me to help my aging wife put it up. If I was healthy, I could set up by myself. Just use a little common sence and the Trailmanor should give years of fun and go.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
ng2951

Let me add, if you have problems lifting the shells into place (like GDORancher), get the powered jack on the front. If you lower the nose of the trailer it becomes significant to lift the shells into place by tilting the trailer fore and aft.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #29
GDORancher

Help. How can a jack help in lifting?
GDORancher
[email protected]
Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #30
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

When the front of the trailer is tilted downwards, the front shell is easier to open. When the rear of the trailer is tilted downwards, the rear shell is easier to open.

So you could open the front shell first, with the tongue as close to the ground as possible, and then raise the tongue up off the ground as much as possible to open the rear shell. An electric jack, like this one:

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/Product...DID=45&CID=431

...just makes this process easier because you don't have crank the jack manually.

You'll also want to be sure your torsion bars are adjusted properly so you are getting maximum lift assistance. Any TM dealer would probably do this free of charge...it doesn't take very long.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote