TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Itaricans

Default velcro coming off

hello everyone.
i`m getting the tm ready for a week end at the lake with the DW and the grandkids, and i noticed that some of the velcro that hold the inside flaps is coming off, where can i get some of the same quality, or better? so it won`t come off again. also, has any one installed any kind of roof rack on a tm? i always wondered about that. thanks in advance.
louie
Old 05-31-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Just do a search on "velcro" or "industrial velcro". There are a ton of posts about it.

When you close down, it helps to slide your fingers between the strips instead of just pulling them apart. That way there is no pulling of the velcro off the walls. We've always done this and ours has held up very well.......another great hint from this board!

Don't know about the roof rack, hopefully someone else will chime in.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
camp_in_pa

I re-attached my velcro with a hot melt glue gun. Holds like clamp!

Dean
Old 06-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
dlkcub

I tried replacing some of my loose velcro with a extra strong adhesive backed velcro from McMaster Carr and though it was better it still started to come loose. A couple of weeks ago some suggested using supper glue so bought a small tube from Wal Mart and tried it and it seems to work good. I'll know just how good by the end of the summer.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #5
MidwestDave

Default Heavy Duty Velcro

I purchased some heavy duty velcro from Lowe's and I also seen some at Wal-Mart too! We used it to mount our soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower area so it can be removed when colapsing shower/stool walls.We set the dispenser in its original box and sit it in the tub inroute to our next destination. The only draw back on the velcro is limited choice in colors. Good luck!

Midwest Dave
Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
2bcs1jrt

I am in the process of ordering a supposed "new" product by Velcro. It is a "Marine Grade" adhesive back velcro. Waterproof and able to withstand high temps. It also supposedly gets a stronger bond with age. Might be too good to be true but worth a try. it is from a website called "Sailor's Solutions" and what they say is this:
"The adhesive is designed to hold tenaciously to fiberglass, metal, inflatable dinghies and wood surfaces in harsh environments. The adhesive strength actually increases after the adhesive has cured and been exposed to moisture"
The dealership who replaced my velcro did it with staples and left old brown glue showing. The staples have worked well for a year now, but staples and old glue are ugly so not being one to let well enough alone, I will try this new product and let you know how it goes.
To be continued...
Cheri
PS
I also had used McMaster-Carr industrial velcro. It was better but still problematic within a short period of time. I think super glue will be the next plan of attack if this stuff doesn't work.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
tweetsosweet

Question Velcro coming loose

Did the Marine Velcro hold up? Also, where did you get the LED bulbs? We have a used 2004 TrailManor 27/20 and are just getting used to it. Thank you.
tweetsosweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:21 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tweets -

This thread hasn't had any action in 11 years. Cheri was one of our best contributors, and sadly, left the forum many years ago. Your best bet is to do a Search on "velcro", and read the many threads on the topic.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #9
b3conswj

If it is on the walls, you can do the screw on discs. Our used TM has them from the previous owner. They will not come loose.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:35 PM   #10
Harry Womack

Default Velcro

I replaced the wall velcro with 2" wide, It has twice the surface glue and you can hold the other hand on the velcro when pulling the flaps down.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote