TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #11
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Given the year of your TM, I suspect you have the bathroom wall cut-off switch. Check the posts in this thread: https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...athroom+switch

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:48 AM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammo1 View Post
I have to wait for new bulbs to arrive and I don't know that is the problem. If one was burned out it wouldn't affect the others, right?
A single burned out bulb would not cause an all-lights-out problem. Bulbs are wired in parallel, not series, so a burned out bulb does not open the current-flow path.
Quote:
I installed a new battery a few months ago, and right now camper is plugged in.
Both of these provide power, and cannot interrupt power.
Quote:
I don't think I have a bathroom wall switch for lights. I looked around and I can't find a switch anywhere like that.
Fold down the shower walls. With those walls down and out of the way, look at the top of the short wall between the tub and the bed. Do you see a shiny metal push-button? This is the switch. Push it firmly with your thumb, and hold it down. Do the lights function normally while you hold it down?

All that said, these mass failures are usually due to an open (disconnected) ground connection that serves the entire string of lights. Occasionally it can be due to an open (disconnected) power wire that feeds the string. It is not hard to tell the difference if you have a voltmeter. Do you have one, or access to one? Once we have determined which one we are looking at (assuming it is one of those), we can begin to find the fault.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:50 AM   #13
Shane826
TrailManor Master

The bathroom wall switch isn’t something you would “do”. When you set up the walls it closes the switch. Close the bathroom walls and look by the wall hinge near the tub by the bed.

No, they aren’t Christmas lights. One burned bulb doesn’t kill them all.

Sounds like a wiring issue. Before you start ripping apart the light fixtures I would take a look at the wiring where it goes up the lift arms and into the roof sections. That are is prone to broken wires. The fact that it’s both roof sections makes me
Think it’s not a wiring issue inside the roof. The wiring on the lift arm is the last common area for the wiring between the two roof sections.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #14
Cammo1

Default Problem solved...

Well I figured out the issue with the lights thanks to everyone's help.
The forward vent switch was off which is why the forward bed lights did not work. And I found the button switch by the bathroom, never knew it was there. and when depressed all the other lights work.
So learned something new and making a note in my notebook for future reference.
I am so glad it was easy.
Thanks again to everyone on the forum that responded!
Dawn
Old 12-08-2021, 03:17 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Dawn -

Thanks for getting back to us. We are always grateful to know how a problem was resolved.

You can fix the button switch issue in two ways.

1. Raise the switch. IIRC, it is held in place with a nut and washer on the underside of the hole in the wall. I'm not sure how you get access to it in a 2619, but if you figure it out, unscrew the nut three or four turns. This allows you to push the switch body farther into the hole, and tighten down the nut on top of the wall. With the switch pushed further up into the hole, the button protrudes further above the top of the wall, and will be activated sooner when you set up the shower.

2. When I had to do mine, solution number 1 above seemed a little elaborate. So I found a piece of scrap sheet metal, maybe a bit more than 1/16" inch thick (or two thinner pieces if you need to). I cut out a rectangular piece about 3/4" x 1 1/2". I glued this piece to the underside of the folding shower wall, placed so that it hits the button sooner as you raise the wall.

There are other ways, I'm sure, but this was a quick and easy solution.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote