TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
bbrigman

Default Bolt spacing - 3023 6-bolt wheels

Are the 6 hole wheels on my 08 3024 the same bolt pattern as chevy 6 hole wheels?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigman View Post
Are the 6 hole wheels on my 08 3024 the same bolt pattern as chevy 6 hole wheels?

It's not that straightforward. What year/model Chevrolet are you referring to? Do you also know the width or offset of the Chevrolet wheel?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
bbrigman

Default 6 hole wheels

I am picking up our unit this week,was considering buying new tires and wheels prior.{the unit is 250 miles away}If I knew the bolt pattern etc it could save me some time.It has been stored indoors for 2 years ,given the distance I'd rather not gamble on the old Goodyears that it has on it now.The owner has it opened up in his storage.If I could show up with new skins ready to go,change them out there,it would save some time on the return trip.Thanks,bbrigman
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Are you sure the TM has 6-stud wheels? I thought all TMs had 5-hole wheels. I could be wrong - can anyone confirm?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
bbrigman

Default 6 hole wheels

That would be a handy piece of info,thanks Bill
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Just checked TM in garage. Six studs on my 2011 Bill. Hope that helps

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigman View Post
I am picking up our unit this week,was considering buying new tires and wheels prior.{the unit is 250 miles away}If I knew the bolt pattern etc it could save me some time.It has been stored indoors for 2 years ,given the distance I'd rather not gamble on the old Goodyears that it has on it now.The owner has it opened up in his storage.If I could show up with new skins ready to go,change them out there,it would save some time on the return trip.Thanks,bbrigman
bbrigman, the reason I asked about you substituting Chevrolet wheels in place of the trailer wheels is as follows based on my experience owning a tire shop:

Even if the bolt hole pattern is the same, your offset is most likely going to be different. The offset determines how much of the wheel sets outward or inward of the hub. Trailmanors don't have a whole lot of clearance, especially towards the fender skirts......and they may rub.

Also, if using a wider wheel (which the Chevrolets will be most likely), then you also run the chance of something rubbing

When Chevrolet went to the newer style in the 90's, they also went to a larger stud size (14mm). Because of this larger stud, the bolt holes are larger in their wheels to accommodate the studs. Your TrailManor will have a smaller stud, which the Chevrolet wheels would easily slide over. The problem then becomes the lug nuts. The taper on the Trail Manor lug nuts are made for the smaller hole, and although they would fit onto the later model, larger hole, Chevrolet wheels.....they would be applying clamping force not at the area specifically designed for it.

If you are going to change tires and wheels, I would go to a local trailer supply place (or you can try a tire store too) to see if they have trailer wheels (not Chevrolet wheels). You might can even find assemblies (tires already mounted on trailer wheels) and would be good to go.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
bbrigman

My motivation for this whole deal was to get out of St Louis traffic before 4pm.I'll prob talk to Dobbs Tire to check on how they might help me .Thanks for your input!!bbrigman
Old 05-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwantau View Post
Just checked TM in garage. Six studs on my 2011 Bill. Hope that helps
Thanks, Kwantau. I learn something every day on this board!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #10
bbrigman

Default 6 hole wheels

customer service told me that the hole spacing on the 6 hole wheels is 5.5".Can anyone verify?Thanks