TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
ne14golf

Default Trailmanor Customer Service

Has anyone else had the problems I've had with customer service after the sale at Trailmanor? I bought mine 800 miles from home, so it's not convenient for me to take it back to Colorado for warranty work. I've tried for two years to get in touch with Trailmanor. They won't return my emails or phone calls. I really don't have a lot of issues, but the ones I have are important to me. My dealer told me they had financial issues and were sold to another company, but it's still "Trailmanor," and the new company won't talk to me. Any suggestions?
ne14golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

To answer a couple of your questions:

The Trailmanor Company changed hands a couple years ago. The founders sold it to some of the senior staff. Most of the employees, including senior staff, stayed with the company. It is still operating at that same location in Jacksboro, TN, just a few miles up the road from the original home in Lake City. The plant is running well, I understand, but expansion into a Nebraska plant is being delayed, probably by the terrible state of the economy.

I believe that the phone numbers have changed - if you are using an old phone number, it may not work. E-mail addresses may have changed, too. Check the current web site. There has been a lot of discussion on this board about how to contact them, and though it has sometimes been frustrating, no one has waited anywhere near two years. Scroll down through the Feedback to TM forum.

I should also ask what kind of repairs you are looking for? Just like tires and batteries, most of the appliances (the air conditioner or refrigerator, for example), are separately warranted by their own manufacturers, not by TM, and you can get warranty service from most any RV service shop. There aren't very many things that are TrailManor-specific. If you'll give us some ideas, we may be able to help.

Finally, I note that you said
Quote:
My dealer told me they had financial issues and were sold to another company.
Why can this dealer not help you? Or is this the dealer in Colorado that you mentioned. Doesn't sound like The Car Show.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
ne14golf

Hi, Bill. Yes, it was the Car Show. I told them it wasn't convenient for me to bring the unit back to Colorado from Las Vegas and they gave me the phone number to call to authorize the Camping World outlet in Las Vegas to do warranty work. But they also told me I might have problems because the company was changing hands. I called to no avail. That was over a year ago, but I've sent emails to customer service since the changeover with no response. The problems I've had have been minor, all occurring within the first year I owned my TM. One of the rubber bumpers where the unit rests on the tongue broke in half and fell off. Three of the white plastic trim pieces broke off the sides. Two corner white trim pieces separated from the front. The first time it rained hard, water ran through the roof, down the window and soaked the bed. The smoke/CO detector wouldn't stop beeping and I had to unplug it. The manufacturer recommended replacing it after 5 years. The one installed was manufactured in 2006 and installed on my 2011 unit. One of the scissor jacks broke and I replaced it with one from Camping World. The jack handle for the scissor jacks broke. Water leaks under the sink when I fill the water tank with a hose. The sink drain leaked. One of the cabinets hung crooked.

I've fixed all the important stuff myself, but for $30K I shouldn't have had to. The good news is, we've had fun, putting some 11,000 miles on our TM while visiting 10 national parks, etc.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
moaboy

You probably would profit in spades by paying the $12 annual fee and join this forum. If nothing else you will get a lot of friendly support.
Sorry to hear about your problems, but glad you are enjoying your TM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Redhawk

Hate hearing about your issues with the camper. We've all had them to one extent or the other.

To be the devils advocate....11,000 miles? Your list sounds like a lot of wear and tear items to me. May be best to chaulk it up to wear and tear and address them yourself.

That being said, I admit I may be wrong, I know very little about RV warranties and if they ever use the "wear and tear" defense. Your items may very well be items that should be covered on a $30K TM. Good Luck.
Hope for the best for ya though!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default I don't know

about other years; but our 2011 has had many of the same problems you have encountered. The back rear window leaking seems to be a common problem.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
FujiPedaler

We were down to the factory in Sept and had a tune up done.

Ed was very helpful and here is his e-mail and phone #
1. [email protected]
2. 423-563-6685 ext 14
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
ne14golf

Thanks! That's good information. How long did they need your TM for the tuneup?