TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

One way to resize your pictures is to post them in huge form, and force the Moderator to deal with them. I GUARANTEE that this is not the best way to handle it!

If you are using a PC (as opposed to a Mac), there are a couple good and easy options. Try this one:

You already have a program called Paint - it comes with all versions of Windows through Windows 7, usually in the accessories menu. Find Paint, open it, and use it to open your huge photo. Now for early versions of Windows (through XP at least) click Image > Stretch/Skew, and enter "10" in both Stretch boxes. Make sure that both Skew boxes say "0", and hit OK. Bang, your picture is reduced to 10% of its original size. Save it with a new name, and now you have a picture that can be uploaded and viewed. In later versions of Windows, there is a Resize menu instead of Stretch/Skew - use that.

Another way is to go to the Microsoft web site, and find and download a program called Picture Resizer. When you install it, it puts a new item in the right-click menu. Find your huge picture file, right-click on it, and choose the menu item called Resize Pictures. The size option called Small is a good choice.Again, save your resized picture under a new name, and you are good to go. This program was good through Windows XP, and if you have a newer version of Windows, you can get another. Check the Microsoft web site for suggestions.

If you use a Mac, I will defer to other experts.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
tonysenes

Hey Tx - Did you remove the subfloor in the bathroom and replace with the hardi backer, or did you put the hardi on top of that plywood?

Thanks for posting everything! Can't wait to refresh my interior this off season. My buddy deals in fabrics and I got some amazing upholstery.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysenes View Post
Hey Tx - Did you remove the subfloor in the bathroom and replace with the hardi backer, or did you put the hardi on top of that plywood?

Thanks for posting everything! Can't wait to refresh my interior this off season. My buddy deals in fabrics and I got some amazing upholstery.
In his post #8 the pictures indicate he removed the plywood. It was warped and damaged in image 2 of the 5 pics attached. Pic 3 shows the Hardi-plank cut to size. Also, in post#9 in the 1st pic. You can see there is no step up from hallway to the bath floor as the factory uses.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Trlmnr View Post
Wow...Looks great!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
tonysenes

Thanks RV Cycle Guy. I figured the same looking at the pics, but wanted to be sure. It really does look great - definitely going to do the same with mine. I wonder how doing the hardi backer floor would effect the install of the toilet mod - the new toilet out of the skamp trailer...
Old 10-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
PopBeavers

When we bought our 2005 TM 2720 in February 2005 we made a factory order. The dealer only had the tan color scheme and DW wanted the blue.

At the time vinyl flooring instead of carpet was an extra cost option, so we ordered it. We camp 3 seasons, and sometimes even camp in the Winter (Big Sur in December is great).

Carpeting just did not seem like a good idea. We sweep the floor once or twice a day. I have no doubt that sweeping dried mud off of vinyl works better than anything you can do in camp to remove mud, wet or dry, from carpet.

On my to do list ever since we bought the TM was to make a custom indoor/outdoor carpet for the TM. Probably in 3 sections. This would be used to insulate the floor during the cold season and left at home in the summer.

I could clean it with a garden hose in the driveway at home.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
Tx Trlmnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
In his post #8 the pictures indicate he removed the plywood. It was warped and damaged in image 2 of the 5 pics attached. Pic 3 shows the Hardi-plank cut to size. Also, in post#9 in the 1st pic. You can see there is no step up from hallway to the bath floor as the factory uses.
First: I haven't been ignoring you guys I had a motherboard death on my old computer and when a computer dies before you have your next computer, it takes a while to get back to normal!

My TM is a 2001 2619. I don't know what step up the factory might put in now. in mine the plywood was screwed directly to the floor and a piece of trim was placed across the end in the door way.

It is possible, that the floor was replaced prior to my remodel.

I still need to post finished floor pics. I think I lost those with the old computer. We are camping for Thanksgiving, so I might take more photos then!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Probably not. My 2002 TM has a 3/4" height difference from the hallway to the bathroom. I think this was needed for the toilet flange to mount to.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
Tx Trlmnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Probably not. My 2002 TM has a 3/4" height difference from the hallway to the bathroom. I think this was needed for the toilet flange to mount to.
I think my plywood was closer to 3/8". I went with the 1/4" hardieboard and the thicker vinyl flooring to get close to original thickness.
I guess a person could add a second layer of flooring around the flange, but that might not be right either
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
sandy3124

wow that looks great I am presently replacing the carpet for tile. I have a 2005 3124KS and have completed the hall and started on the living room end. There is a chest of drawers next to the door I need to remove to get the carpet out. The problem is there is a large bolt at the front og the cabinet box that appears to go all the way through. I looked underneath and could not see where it comes out. before I unscrew the nut on the bolt has anyone else removed the chest of drawers?