TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
Happytrails

Default Quick and easy pizza!

Something easy to fix w/o actually having to wait on a frozen pizza, or finding a place to store a frozen pizza can be done with a lot of the same things you'd already be taking with ya anyway. Take a tortilla shell, (burreto size), some pizza magic sauce, or simple marinera sauce which can also be used for other things, spread it on top, sprinkle cheese on top, and add pepperonis which save quite nicely in the fridge, and some of that frozen precooked sausage! Cook at 425 for about 10 mins, and ya have a super thin crust fresh pizza! (I do recommend using an air bake pan tho if ya want to cook it at a lower heat setting for longer periods of time. I make them all the time here at home, and even have gone so far as to use leftover spagetti sauce instead of the marinara sauce!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]
Old 08-04-2003, 07:23 AM   #2
CC_Turtle

Default Re:Quick and easy pizza!

i make a similiar recipe.. but use to top... mix together beans (anykind you like), veges (any) like corn .. green chilies, put on tortillas, with cheese... bake.. basically a healthy tostada.. but the recipe calls it mexican pizza...

teresa
Old 08-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
Happytrails

Default Re:Quick and easy pizza!

Yes Teresa, there are an amazing amount of things you can use a burreto shell for, a simple flour tortilla. When I'm at home, I use a big fry pan, put a little oil in the bottom, and fry the shell on both sides so's it's nice and crispy and bubbly before I make a pizza outta it.....Yummmm! I simply pour the leftover oil in my fry daddy when I'm done so's not to waste it to boot!
Many many years ago, I worked for a Mexican restarant which served mexican pizza's, not to be confused by taco bell's.... There, we'd fry the shells in much the same manor, put the mexican spiced beef on top, then added whichever the cust preferred, either salsa, or the hot stuff, tho I preferred 1/2 and 1/2, cover it with cheese, and let it rest on the plate under an open faced broiler till the cheese melted down into the meat............YUM YUM!!!! I miss em sooooo much....(no top shell, nor on the "taco" sized shell either, the full big one)!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]