TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2003, 10:30 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default BBQ Teriyaki kabobs & rice in a nonstick pan

OK, nobody has posted here, so I'm going to make a splash.

One of our favorite easy camping meals is to take a well-marbled piece of beef, cut it into bite-sized cubes, and slide it onto bamboo skewers along with cherry tomatoes, boiler onions, cut-up bell pepper, and mushrooms. Grill over your camping BBQ. Drizzle some teriyaki sauce over the skewers while cooking. It cooks quickly and smells great while it's cooking. If you have time you can marinate the beef with the teriyaki. It would also work with chicken. We usually pack a dry-mix package of Sun-Bird Teriyaki so all you need to do is add water. If you can find it, the bottled Soy Vay Teriyaki (made in Felton CA) is awesome, best we have ever had since Hawaii.

We always bring some meat tenderizer in case we can't find the ideal beef at the right price.

We have a non-stick pan and make rice as a side dish.

Quick, and easy clean up.

I can smell it now, and it makes me want to go camping!

School starts in 2 weeks..so little time....so many places yet to see.....Lake Almanor calls....tax returns are due 8/15..... :-\

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
quacks

Default Re:BBQ Teriyaki kabobs & rice in a nonstick pan

Sounds great! I make a similar dish, using chicken or nice beef and "Yoshida's" sauce. It's available out here in Washington at many stores, including Costco if you want a gallon!

There's also a TERRIFIC sauce made here in Washington called "Maurer's" - it's not widely available, but anyone who comes to Washington would do well to check at "Made In Washington" stores or kitchen stores. They have several varieties, including a Ginger Sauce, and all are great - I prefer beef with the Original Sauce, and will either do kabobs or stir-fry beef with peppers & onions & serve with flour tortillas, salsa, sour cream etc like a fajita.

Check them out at
http://www.maurersfoods.com

Happy camping & eating! ;D