TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2002, 01:38 PM   #21
Chris_Bauer

Default Re: Hands Free Shower

I wish I could post a picture of my five dollar shower conversion.  I was in San Antonio recently and purchased the shower head holder which is standard on all TMs and is located at the bottom of the tub on the right of the faucet.  I attached it to a piece of lucite (?) and used velcro to attach it to the wall in the shower, window side.  That way, my wall panel attachements (see photos) are not affected. Works great.  

If you are ever in San Antonio, the RV Store on Austin Highway makes Camping World look like a corner store.  I was dragged out kicking, the basket was full and I was told my credit card was at its limit (just kidding).  Great place to shop though. Super prices.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:15 AM   #22
arknoah

Oilspot,

Please post a picture if you can .. I'd like to see it.  

Thanks.

Old 08-25-2002, 11:43 AM   #23
oilspot

I've got photos... just no room on the board...
I'll keep trying
Old 08-26-2002, 10:39 AM   #24
KB7OUR

What worked well for us was to build Hal's hands free shower (HFS), then cut about 4" off the length of the curtains and about 6"off the width of one. The two were sewn together in the back, with a cut out to hang the HFS through. Entrance overlaps about 6" at the top so doesn't seem to require velcro for the remaining opening as it just hands down and overlaps. Also sewed pennies in the hem at the bottom to weight the curtain - maybe 25 cents worth. Works great. Last step will be to sew some "curtain material" ties in place on each side of the opening to help hold the curtain open to dry when not in use.

Wade
Old 08-27-2002, 01:11 PM   #25
oilspot

I put the pictures on my website if you want to give it a try... Not as good as Happytrails, but it gives you an idea.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-oilspot
Old 09-03-2002, 01:05 PM   #26
oilspot

I forgot to explain in my earlier post how I fastened the mending plate to the wall.
Since the aluminum skin is so thin and no wood behind the aluminum, I used aluminum rivets.

Before I began riveting, I painted the plate and then put a good helping of silicon glue on the wall.  The glue will help hold the plate, as well as displace water to prevent galvanic action between the aluminum and steel.  

Then I riveted the plate into place, using a lot of rivets (the mending plate is full of holes) along the perimeter.  I didn't want the repeated manet pull to work anything loose...