TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
jchmel9719

Default Need bedspace in 3124 KB

I have a 3124 KB with the pull-out couch. My boys are getting a little big for it so I am wondering if anyone has succcessfully delt with this issue by adding a bed somehow, or even just extending the current pullout.

Jason
Old 01-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Scott O

You didn't mention how big "a little big" is! When our kids began to outgrow our motorhome, we found that a tent was something we all liked...we got away from them and they got away from us!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
You didn't mention how big "a little big" is! When our kids began to outgrow our motorhome, we found that a tent was something we all liked...we got away from them and they got away from us!
That is what I would suggest. But that may not work out if they are younger than about 10 or so. But if they are younger than 10 they probably still fit.

And, some RV parks will not allow a tent.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
P and B

We have the 3124KS and have two grandkids and their mom who camp with us occasionally. The kids are 8 and 9. We bought a foam couch on line that fits in the slot between couch and cabinet. The bottom of the couch folds out to make a bed. What we did is cut the bottom off and velcro'd it back on so when you unfold it, it actually is now two pieces (or two small mattresses). The two kids sleep on the couch parts and their mom sleeps on the couch with the back removed and placed up on the ledge. It worked out pretty well- even for all of us to sit and watch movies. The only problem is that the couch wasn't cheap and when you're not using it, you have to store it somewhere. Tent is a good solution as long as the weather holds. In our case, we were out for an entire week and it rained the entire time so the tent would have been a hassle.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. The other thing is that I'm not sure how the KB version is laid out so this solution might not work anyway. Just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

Phil