TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #31
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Our framing strips arrived on Thursday and I did not have time to install them on the inside of the exterior bathroom wall. I bought the light weight clear vinyl from Hobby Lobby and it worked great and we like it better then the heavy clear vinyl I got from Joann's fabrics last year. I used 3M Command strips ...the ones for picture hanging to hold the clear plastic in place. If I decide I no longer want them I pull the tab end and they come right off with no damage/mark.

We decided to try out a vinyl shower curtain this trip and ...we now have bathroom nirvana....I can't imagine why it took me so long to try it.

Even if I decide I not to use the framing strips in the bath room I have another plan for their use in the TM.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #32
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
I hope so. We have a thermometer inside the TM that records the high temp, and it has gotten to 90 degrees inside when all closed up and the velcro is still firmly attached. But we also have very low humidity here in SoCal -- 20-40% usually.

Search the forum a bit. There are a number of threads on this topic, including one from maybe 6 months ago where I asked another member about the method he used -- basically a track that mounted (screwed, I believe) to the wall, press vinyl into the track, and then slide a piece of plastic through the track on top of the vinyl, holding the vinyl in place. No velcro to pull off in the heat, and still easy to replace the vinyl when it gets nasty. He had gotten everything from Ace Hardware, and the part numbers are included in that thread.

Exactly. The polyester curtain on the track will weep water eventually if manhandled, but we've never had any water seep through and onto the floor, despite the showerhead being pointed almost directly on it. If it becomes a problem, you can replace the polyester curtain with a vinyl one for 100% waterproofing -- it just won't be as flexible.

Stapling is certainly an option, but I'd be sure to use sort sort of backing material, like a plastic washer or something, to prevent the curtain from pulling out. But it sounds like that hasn't been an issue. I would try to find stainless staples.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
Our framing strips arrived on Thursday and I did not have time to install them on the inside of the exterior bathroom wall. I bought the light weight clear vinyl from Hobby Lobby and it worked great and we like it better then the heavy clear vinyl I got from Joann's fabrics last year. I used 3M Command strips ...the ones for picture hanging to hold the clear plastic in place. If I decide I no longer want them I pull the tab end and they come right off with no damage/mark.

We decided to try out a vinyl shower curtain this trip and ...we now have bathroom nirvana....I can't imagine why it took me so long to try it.

Even if I decide I not to use the framing strips in the bath room I have another plan for their use in the TM.
WOW you are trying every conceivable way of doing the Shower Mod Where are the pics LOL? I plan on trying the strips.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #33
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I will take some...maybe today/night...just got home from a 3 day dry camp out and archery tournament...I am a bit tired but will see what I can do.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #34
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

The shower curtain is so new you can still see the fold marks. I wanted clear...but this one was so light weight I went with it first...and it worked great...we got more light in the shower and not one drop of water outside the shower. My dh got me to buy some sham wows (as seen on tv) because we kept getting the throw rug wet and he thought this would dry faster....in reality...I dried off in the shower and so there was no water outside of the shower.

The first pic shows how the vinyl is attached to the exterior bathroom wall with the 3M picture hanging strips.

The second pic shows that the 3M picture handing strips are similar to a plastic velcro type material (the strips interlock with each other) When we shower we had the vinyl in this position. But when we used the bathroom for other purposes I had the vinyl folded back in the position of the third photo.

This is just another photo of the bathroom exterior wall. You might have noticed that I have the vinyl longer and closer to the ceiling on the exterior wall. I cut off a strip of it for the areas I attached to the top of the bathroom walls with heavy velcro.

BTW We mostly camp in Florida and Georgia during hot weather with high humidity and last year my vinyl was at least 3 times as thick and heavy and it never became loose. It was a lot harder to leave it up and close the walls so I decided to try a lighter weight vinyl this year.

Here's hoping that the pics post and are thumbnails!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1596.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	912.8 KB
ID:	3342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1594.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	3343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1595.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	3344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	901.7 KB
ID:	3345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	698.0 KB
ID:	3346  

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #35
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Brigitte - Sorry for the delay. The bathroom was inaccessible until today, so here are some pictures. I basically took one of the "over the wall" hooks, cut off the hook part, and glued on a wall-mount shower head holder I bought for $1 at the Habitat surplus store. They had a ton there, but that was a few years ago. I searched a bit online to find it, and came up short. This one looks close, but it is different, and obviously, the hole has to be large enough to accommodate the larger diameter wand on the Oxygenics head.

What's kinda nice about this holder is that it can hold the head in several positions. I'm 6'2", so I only use the position that makes it completely vertical. But my wife is a bit shorter, and sometimes uses the tilted position.

Note that I believe CampingWorld sold a holder specifically for this shower head when I bought mine, but the reviews weren't particularly positive. But it may be worth a shot if you're coming up short.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4319 (Custom).JPG
Views:	90
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	3354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4320 (Custom).JPG
Views:	84
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	3355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4321 (Custom).JPG
Views:	103
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	3356   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4323 (Custom).JPG
Views:	99
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	3357  
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #36
Al-n-Sue

RVDirect has the shower wand holders.

http://store.rvdirect.com/rvdirect/d...g&ITEM=5393411

I'm planning on the same mod when I get my trailer out of storage. Thanks for the pics Dave.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #37
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

No problem. If you do make the shower head holder, be sure to roughen up both surfaces to be glued, as they are shiny and make glue adhesion more challenging. I used JB Weld initially, which I realize wasn't the best choice, but it should have been more than adequate to support the weight. But the 2 pieces came right apart, with all the glue being retained on the shower wand holder part. So there was no adhesion on the hook.

I wrapped duct tape around it temporarily, and that held it for a long time -- at least a year. I just re-glued it with construction adhesive, so hopefully that will be better.

Dave
Old 03-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #38
AstroBruce

I glued mine together with PVC pipe cement.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #39
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBruce View Post
I glued mine together with PVC pipe cement.
Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I saw one of the velcro discs peeling away from one of the walls. The curtain ones looked intact. If the curtain ones stay, I could screw on some of the TM velcro discs, but the framing strips look like the way to go for a no-hassle install.

Dave
Old 03-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #40
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I just picked up the Framing Strips a couple of days ago & plan on installing them when it warms up good since I don't like working in the cold LOL. They are made for outdoor use so I figure they will hold good.

My local ace ordered them for me at no extra charge.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote