TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
kozfam4

Default Hanging Lights on Awning

We are the proud new owners of a '97 2518 and we just went through our first shake-down cruise in the driveway last weekend. The kids (3&5) loved it.

I'm wanting to find out the best way to hang decorative lights on our awning. We've got two 5ft sections that we want to hang across the main beam of the awning.

I noticed that there are small tabs built into a slot on the cover, but I didn't really see a way to attach anything to them. I tried some of the clips that we use on the house for Christmas, but do not feel these will properly support the lights that we have.

I do not want to tape these up and I'd like it to be simple enough for the family to do while I'm setting other things up.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
amp17408

Default Hanging lights

You can go to Walmart or Kmart and get the hangers. Look in the camping section. They come in a pack of 8 (I think) and they're made to slide into the channel in your awning; then you just hook your lights to those. I got mine at Kmart last summer for a couple of bucks.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
gchambe5

we stuck the velcro on the inside bar of the awning then took the other part of the velcro and stuck it to the lights and it hangs up there good
Old 08-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
CAmark
Site Sponsor

The set of hangers we got at Camping World did not fit into the slot on the Fiamma awning...yours may be different though. We wound up ordering hangers online from Fiamma rather than reworking the CW ones. And still have not hung lights up -- maybe the next triip.
mark
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
Al-n-Sue

We use a set of hangers from Wally World - I think similar to the ones at CW. They come with a set of S hooks and the flexible part just slides in the channel of the awning. I had a set of clips (like suspender clips) left over from my popup days and they clip on to the flexible part very nicely and clip to the wires of the lights. Don't expect the hangers to stay put though. After every trip I find they slide to the back of the awning.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
Queeniereads

We bought ours at an RV dealer and they asked up what awning we were fitting before we bought them. Indicates to me that maybe there are diff. types/configs.
Queen
Old 08-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Canoe719

Red face

We just used binder clips (the small ones) that can be bought at any stationary section of WalMart, Staples etc. They come in handy for a lot of things.