TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Stirrup Extender

I have a question, during the mod talk at the Jubilee in 2006 in Colorado Springs, someone had made a stirrup extender with hooks and chains. Does anyone remember who that was and if there is a picture of the device?
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Scott O

I'm not sure why you just couldn't get a couple of pieces of 1" nylon webbing from a backpacking store (cut to length 12"-16"?), sew the ends of each together, loop it over the existing stirrup, and just put your foot through the loop. I see absolutely no reason this wouldn't work just fine, and it is light weight and cheap!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Joe

Larry,
I rememeber the person but I don't know his name. I think he was from Iowa or a neighboring state. I wasn't interested in his device because I had no trouble getting my foot into our stirrup. Our first 2 TM's didn't have them and I went to the hardware store and bought U-bolt shaped pieces ( not really U shaped but squared off) and installed them. Our present 3124KS was equipped with them.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Larry,
I rememeber the person but I don't know his name. I think he was from Iowa or a neighboring state. I wasn't interested in his device because I had no trouble getting my foot into our stirrup. Our first 2 TM's didn't have them and I went to the hardware store and bought U-bolt shaped pieces ( not really U shaped but squared off) and installed them. Our present 3124KS was equipped with them.
Yeah, I am not really interested either, but a new TM owner here in California was telling me his wife can't latch the shells, so I was telling him about the extenders so she would have a little more leverage. I though that I has seen a picture of them somewhere and he asked to see it, so that was why I was asking.
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Old 08-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
rdanpurnell

I had asked this question a while back and never got a reply, so I made my own stirrup extenders. Quite simple. I bought a standard metal "horse bit" ($10) and and then clipped it to the existing TM stirrups with simple chain link snap-on clips. Works great and will accept large wide boots to push the unit down and lock into clips. If anyone wants a picture just let me know.

Dan
[email protected]
2000 TM 3023
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor

If you have room for it in your TV, a simple 2X4 board with a notch cut in it for the stirrup works great. Just position the notch in the stirrp and walk on up the board to close the TM shell. This works really great for very light people!
rpcoombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdanpurnell View Post
I had asked this question a while back and never got a reply, so I made my own stirrup extenders. Quite simple. I bought a standard metal "horse bit" ($10) and and then clipped it to the existing TM stirrups with simple chain link snap-on clips. Works great and will accept large wide boots to push the unit down and lock into clips. If anyone wants a picture just let me know.

Dan
[email protected]
2000 TM 3023
Hi Dan,

Please post a picture.
2003 Chevy Tahoe