TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
pfabulus

Question Width of Trailmanor - with awning

I'm researching the Trailmanor and I have a question. At our house, we have a 3 car garage. The double door is the standard 20 foot deep where we park both of our vehicles and the single car (the door to this is 8 foot from the cement to the header of the garage door and 8 foot from side to side) is 23 foot deep, which is where we currently store our Pop up camper.

I'm concerned, that with the Trailmanor, that I'll have to always take everything out of the main garage area, to back the trailmanor in and then try to wiggle it into the 3rd car part of the garage. This concern is because we need to have an awning and it appears, that with the awning on the trailmanor, that the width is 8 foot.

Can someone please confirm this? I'm looking at a 2007 3023 trailmanor with the swing away hitch.

thank you very much.
Laura Pfab
Old 11-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I know this post is 18 months old, but does anyone know the answer to this question, as it would help me immensely!

Thanks!
Marc
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
PopBeavers

I can measure mine this weekend. It is in the garage. If I forget, PM me.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
gocntry

From The Trailmanor Website:

The Outside Width Is 7' 7" For All Models

The Awning / Clearance Lights Add 5"
Old 11-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocntry View Post
From The Trailmanor Website:

The Outside Width Is 7' 7" For All Models

The Awning / Clearance Lights Add 5"
Yes, I saw that. But, there's a difference between 8 feet 'box' width, and a true this-is-8-feet-wide-right-HERE width. Meaning, if the street side extension is from a light at the rear of the trailer, and the curb side extension is from the front awning, then there could be a little 'wiggle' room to carefully maneuver the trailer into position, possibly via powered dolly or the like.

Just thinking out loud, I have a tendency to do that.

Marc
Old 11-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
mtnguy

The clearance lights do not add but an inch or so either side of the TM. If the unit has an awning, then that is a total of 8' for most of the entire length of the front shell......the widest shell. That is going to give that 8-feet-wide-right-HERE width.
Chap
Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #7
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
The clearance lights do add but an inch or so either side of the TM. If the unit has an awning, then that is a total of 8' for most of the entire length of the front shell......the widest shell. That is going to give that 8-feet-wide-right-HERE width.
Chap
Thanks, that's what I needed.

I'll need to measure the wooden frame, not the seals, to see what I really have for width. I have a feeling that it's just going to be too tight for comfort.

I suppose the other option is to order it without the awning...but that seems to be one of the 'standard' items that just about everyone gets, whether for use or resale.

Any thoughts on 'no awning, garage parking' vs. 'awning, park in friend's field/rented space'?

Marc
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I measured my TM, and it is exactly 8 feet wide including awning and lights. Removing the awning would reduce it by only 1 inch, since the "porch lights" are bigger than the clearance lights.

You are not going to be at all happy trying to run a 7' 11" trailer into an 8' opening. At the very least, you would need one of those expensive power movers, and even with that, you will end up repeatedly scratching the TM against the wall, scraping the lights off the body, or even ripping the awning off the body. Not a good way to start a TM experience.

I have exactly the same situation. I just agreed with myself that I would put the TM in the wide part of the garage, along with some front-to-back workbenches and storage. My wife's car goes in the narrow part of the garage. Mine stays outside.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
fischnet52

Marc, I just went out and measured our new 2008 2720 - have a friend interested like you who asked for the same info, so now I have it! Outside of front shell, moulding- moulding at front is 7'-7', per Trailmanor's info. At back of front shell on street side is a light that adds 2" (+ maybe 1/8"). On the curb side, the awning adds 3-1/2".

So if you don't have at least 8'-6" width, I think you'd be pushing your luck trying to back that in without one or more "oops" like I usually have when cutting things too closely!

On your awning question ... I have used an ADCO cover for our Jayco p/u for about 8 years that has worked very well, out next to the garage, snow, rain, etc. I've always kept moisture absorbing kits in it over winter and have never had any issues with moisture, mold, freeze/thaw or anything. I plan to get a new cover from Camping World to do the same with the TM. Hope that helps a bit?

Fred
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #10
fischnet52

Bill, I will not let my wife read your post ...... My truck is outside ... as is her car..... because the table saw, cutt-off and projects in the works are scattered around the garage. Wish we had a "3rd car" bay!