TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
randyveach

Default Roadside assistance insurance

It is time to re-new our Texas AAA coverage, but was wondering are we getting the best bang for our buck. Currently we have AAA Plus and are paying $123 for both of us per year. I noticed that one of the member services provides for roadside assistance for RV's, motorhomes, pickup trucks with campers, travel trailers and motorhomes. This is our first year with the TM and plan to do a lot of traveling.
Any comments will be appreciated and thanks to all.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
randyveach

Default Again, Thanks Leon

I called Camping World ERS as you suggested, and they offer a lower rate than AAA. With the Plus option you get 100 miles towing and with the CW ERS you get unlimited miles (and they will tow both TM and TV). The other coverages are about the same with the exception of maps. AAA offers better maps, but with the computer and GPS that made that point mute. The cost was a little over $80 per year when you subscribe for 3 years (which is what I did). This compares to $123 for one year with AAA. Again, thanks, and I think they owe you some sort of commission (LOL).
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Just as a note, Good Sam ERS will provide unlimited towing miles "to the nearest professional service center" for both car and trailer if needed. I can't imagine very many situations where 100 miles would not be enough, but if you are planning on really getting out there ... Like CW, it's $80 a year.

Strange that there should be a difference. I am under the impression that Good Sam owns Camping World (or vice-versa).

Good Sam has a Platinum version that is a little more expensive, and I don't see anything worth paying extra for.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote