TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #21
bubbav

I appreciate your input. I just joined the owner's group as I am looking to buy a used unit. I have an appointment this Wednesday to look at a 2002 2720. Gentlemen is asking 9400. I did a trend analysis of asking price for everything current I could find on the internet. My analysis is that the unit based on just the listing prices is about 2500 too much. I talked with the gentlemen who is selling and he is receiving cancer treatments. I don't want to appear that I am trying to take him for a ride on his price and take advantage of him. Your analysis confirms my trends. I believe I will over 6500, give him the reason for my bid and see what he says. As you identified, condition is everything, so short of seeing the unit and adjusting my price as is warranted I await Wednesday...wish me luck...-bubbav-
Old 10-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #22
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Bubbav, I would agree the asking price is too much for a 12 year old model no matter how nice the condition is. Your offer price may be too low for seller though. Maybe something more like $7500. I paid less than $8k for a 2003 bigger model with KB.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #23
moaboy

The TM is worth what it's age and condition and supply and demand and location dictate. Whether it is a Prince, a widow, or a Hollywood movie star it is worth what The market dictates. Ok maybe it IS worth more if a Hollywood movie star owned it, but you get my point? That's how I look at it anyway.
Nevertheless my heart goes out to the ill owner.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #24
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

If it real clean and well maintained, garage keep, maybe in the high 7's - low 8's. But if it's dirty, poor maintenance and stored in the back yard, low 6's- -high 5's. At that age is all about condition-condition-condition... I would think there is a large variance of up to 70% from a mint condition to poor condition.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote