TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #21
Riwright
TrailManor Master

+1 on Davlins comments, a good summary of the endless Thetford threads.

There are two basic types of batteries. Starting batteries or deep cycle batteries.

Starting batteries are made for cars. They put out a large rush of current for starting. They do not do well when they are heavily discharged.

Deep cycle batteries are made to put out smaller amounts of current over a long period of time. They do well when heavily discharged.

6 volt batteries are made for golf carts and arre true deep cycle batteries. They do very well with the type of use that you see in a typical RV. If you put two of them together you get the 12 volts you need to run the RV systems.

Another type of battery is a "Marine" battery that is a compromise between the starting and deep cycle batteries. Most single battery setups in RV's use a Marine battery.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #22
moaboy

I agree with Davlin, toilet depends on what type of camping you will mostly be doing. I have the recirculating and it works just fine especially when I am at a CG with full hookups all I have to do once connected is pull the release valve.

On options, I would not want to do wo my AC and awning. I would buy as many options as I could afford except for the really expensive options like the electric jacks, TM solar and also antenna which while not expensive, most CG have cable.
It is fun to then get ideas from this forum to customize your TM and add features you see or think you need. You may plan to do a certain kind of camping but once you start doing it change your mind. CG vs boo docking for ex. The more options you have the more contingencies you can adapt to.
I too plan to retire fully soon and travel around the country and Alaska.
See you on the road!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #23
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Default Grey water

I usually water the trees on my property with it. If I'm not home, I carry a collapsible bucket with me and dump it into a pit toilet or equal.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #24
TheBeeger

I have a 'like new condition' 2011 TM3124KB that has never been used I am selling. I will be posting a forum with it for sell shortly. Let me know if you are interested.