TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #11
Wingedryder

Another 2 cents worth here....

My 2013 2720TM w/everything aboard but water tops at 3500# (maybe just a smidgeon more w/extra food??). We towed here in the Rocky Mtns. last summer w/my 3.5L 6cylinder MDX, rated for 3500# GVW towing capacity. We crossed the major passes with it twice and decided for both safety in traffic and to preserve our precious MDX's tranny, to move up to a V8 for a TV this year. We haven't towed with the 5.7L Hemi V8 as yet, but others in our mountainous region have reassured us it would be plenty adequate (7200# GVW w/AWD).

So, think it depends on the terrain you'll traverse and if you don't mind eating everyone else's dust. Our MDX didn't overheat, but the constant downshifts & higher revs to mount higher mountain passes made me cry for the strain on my beloved MDX. The Odyssey is a nice vehicle (I also have a Mazda mini-van that has been an excellent vehicle). However, though you'll probably get along, if planning on crossing mountain passes, you'll awfully soon wish you had more torque and power.
Again, just my '2 cents".
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote