TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2004, 07:05 PM   #11
bonzaibeaver

Default Re:swing away tongue question

In our experience we've found that building a little bigger than you think you need is a good idea. You may be sorry later that you didn't; conversely, you'll thank yourself a hundred times if you do. Another couple of feet will make it easier to get around in your garage and will give you space to store the extra stuff that you need with your trailer.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:21 PM   #12
OrangeKid

Kevin:

Scott actually used his "hex cab" pickup to deliver our 2619 to Vegas. I flipped out when I saw all those doors. When you open the door the steps automatically come down. I believe its a customized Ford 350.

Steve
Old 02-05-2004, 02:25 PM   #13
smookie

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I definitely will check into the height of the garage door opening. Didn't someone on this board have to let air out of the trailer tires to get into the garage? ??? That would be something to avoid if possible, since we are still in the planning stage of our move. Our TM has the roof mounted AC which makes the clearance needed even greater.

I think the garage door opening may be nice and high since the new house has 9 ft. 4" ceilings and 8 ft. tall front doors. That "tallness" may also apply to the garage door and garage ceiling height, but I will make sure first. By adding onto the garage about 2 ft. and getting the swing tongue, we will have some flexibility if we ever get a longer TM. Walking around the camper will be better too. I hadn't thought about amortizing the cost of the garage addition over the length of the loan, (which is also tax deductible) - another good point!