TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Calico Jack

Default roof mounted A/C unit

Hi Guys:
I'm going to be staying in my 2006 3124 for a couple of weeks during a remoldeling project in my house. I set the unit up today and after a couple of hours I noticed that my roof mounted ac unit is leaking. It was actually putting quite a bit of water into the interior. It was in the nineties and it was not raining! Is this due to the unit freezing internally? I turned it to low cool and it seemed to decrease but still emitting quite a bit of water. It soaked the carpet. I've never had this problem before. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks/ Jack
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
Hi Guys:
I'm going to be staying in my 2006 3124 for a couple of weeks during a remoldeling project in my house. I set the unit up today and after a couple of hours I noticed that my roof mounted ac unit is leaking. It was actually putting quite a bit of water into the interior. It was in the nineties and it was not raining! Is this due to the unit freezing internally? I turned it to low cool and it seemed to decrease but still emitting quite a bit of water. It soaked the carpet. I've never had this problem before. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks/ Jack
In ours, have to clean the filters often to keep this from happening. As long as I keep the filters clean -- no problems! Also, make sure your roof vents are closed.

Tim
Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
moneeleann

This is happening in mine too. We even took the cover off and cleaned it all out today and it still drips.

So I'm in the same leaky boat as you. Hopefully we'll get some other suggestions.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Joseph

Default Same here . . .

Mine has done that sometime. I went up on the roof. Removed the white cover. Removed silver tape sealing some of the places where the duct work is put together. Took duct work apart. Found and cleaned out a yellow piece of what looks like sponge? that seems to be some sort of filter to keep (what? ) from getting into the duct work. Cleaned it. Reassembled duct work. Sealed with more silver tape. Made sure TM is more of less level and problem has not returned. There is some sort of drip tray up there that catches the condensation that may have been getting full, or was unable to drain fast enough? Also made a larger hole in the bottom of the tray ( outside close to the edge so it drips on the roof of the TM.) Do not know for sure if this has fixed problem but so far so good and wanted to share what I had. Good luck and please share how yours works out.