TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
MACTLC

Default Getting ready for my first long trip

This is my first post, I purchased my new to us 2002 2720 over 4 years ago but I only got to use it twice on weekend trips because I am in the Air Force and had to move so my TM has been in storage ever since. Don’t feel bad for me I have been living in Hawaii for the last 4 years enjoying everything this place has to offer.

Now that I am moving back to the mainland I will be picking up my TM and driving about 4000 miles vacationing our way to our new assignment in San Antonio Texas. I have followed many of your adventures on this forum for several years. As a result, I have ordered 15 inch wheels and Maxxis load range D tires for the trip.

I want to see what all of you experts out there recommend I check/do before getting back on the road. My TM has been stored in Northern AZ, in a small town calledd Pine, the temperatures do not get that hot and it is very low humidity.

Thanks,
Mike
Prodigy brake controller
MACTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
RogerR

You will get a hundred replies on this as every new owner has the same problems.

First off, go back over various areas and you will find prep lists and packing lists is several areas.

Most important --- after two years storage those tires are almost certainly toast. This is the time to replace them and if you have the time put in lifts and change to 15 inch tires and rims. You won't regret it.

Next most important is to do a heavy duty maintenance list. Brakes should be checked out and the bearings checked and repacked or replaced, especially after long storage. Every other moving part and system should be gone over.

There is just to much to go through here as it is already in the forums from previous posts. You just have to do some searching.

Stay safe and have a fun trip. Thanks for your service!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Make sure it rolls forwards safely and stops safely. The rest is all about comfort
Appreciate your service. Did 21 years usn. Never want to fly again. So I bought a camper
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Thanks for your service to our great country.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote