TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
RogerR

Default Outside Faucet Shower Hose broke off

I was in the process of winterizing and I must have pulled a little too hard on the hose. In the attached picture it shows that the hose must have broken off a nipple on the back of the hot/cold shutoff body.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so do I need to find a new shutoff set and where do you suggest I get one. Also, it looks like four peanut screws and cut off the silicone to pull out the whole shower box. Any suggestions on how to do it, ie tricks that will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000252.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	6703  
Old 11-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I don't have an outside shower, but from your picture, it may be made out of PVC. (PVC can be made shiny.) Thus, you might try a little PVC cement to put it back together. Cheap to try, and you have nothing to lose in messing it up.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

I don't think that part is PVC, so I doubt if it will glue back on...

I think you might have to replace it. Shouldn't be too bad.

If the factory was open I'd say call them, but they aren't. But I think it is a pretty standard part.

If the size is right you should be able to change it with something like this.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog...e-10-1468.html

If your dealer is close I bet they would have one in stock...

HTH, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

On mine, anyway, the mfr is ITC Inc in Holland, Michigan. The model is "Fontana".

Yes, you will need to pull the box - it is easy.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
ottfour

Mine was that way when I purchased the TM earlier this year. As Bill said, it is a Fontana and you will need to replace the unit. I plan on ordering one soon online once my better halve gives me the approval to purchase one. Looks fairly simple to do. I have already remove the old unit.
Cut the caulking around the housing, remove 4 screws and hot and cold lines on back. I did find that removing the lower cold connector on the bottom first gave me a little more room to pull the unit out to remove the top hot connector. You'll see what I mean once you go to remove the old unit, very little room to work with as the water lines do not pull out very far.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
ottfour

Question

Just ordered my replacement shower form:
https://www.makariosboatparts.com/pr...2dA%252dD.html
Same model number that is currently on the TM. All though the shipping was a little high it was the best deal I could find. I will report back on the install and fit hopefully next week.
They do make the same shower unit without the locking door for around $40 but I opted for the locking unit. $20 more for a lock and key, price of metal I guess...........
Old 11-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Jim&Joan

Default My Mod

Just seeing this. I rebuilt mine. I replaced a good part with metal plumbing. I can now attach a normal 3/4" garden hose or, with an adapter, the shower. I don't stow the shower hose in the shower box anymore.

I scored the RTV and it all came out pretty stright forward. I cap the 3/4" outlet for normal travel with a hand twist on cap.

I have pictures somewhere. If interested PM me and I'll look for them.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Joan View Post
Just seeing this. I rebuilt mine. I replaced a good part with metal plumbing. I can now attach a normal 3/4" garden hose or, with an adapter, the shower. I don't stow the shower hose in the shower box anymore.

I scored the RTV and it all came out pretty stright forward. I cap the 3/4" outlet for normal travel with a hand twist on cap.

I have pictures somewhere. If interested PM me and I'll look for them.
Clever. Would love a pic sometime. Mine's not busted (knock on wood) but this sounds like a very nice upgrade.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hose, shower