TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
angerlo

Default Blowout and Plumbing Protection

Since previous blowouts of my 14” tires left dents and black marks on the underbelly of our ‘97 TM 3023 mighty close to the plumbing, I did the following to protect the plumbing:
- purchased one ½ inch rubber mud flap (24” X 30”) for $10.85 from Ryder Fleet Products.com (JKC 2430 HD)
- cut the mud flap to make two 12 x 30 inch flaps, then cut again horizontally creating 12 X 15 sections. I used a jigsaw with a fine edge blade similar to that of a hacksaw. Then I used 3M glue to fasten the two sections together.
- Bolted the now 1” solid yet flexible flaps to the outrigger part of frame using 2” stainless steel bolts and self-locking nuts. I hope this will protect the plumbing and underside of TM.
I also use a new Tire Pressure and Temp Monitoring System bought from Truck System Technologies Inc. for peace of mind. I keep my 15” 8 ply Maxxis tires inflated at 62 lbs psi when cold. On a recent trip through the broiling South the highest tire pressure read 72 lbs. and the temp went as high as 114 F. I do not know what the danger zone is and would love to have this question answered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mud flap.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	6058  
Weight distribution hitch 600-800 lbs.
TST tire monitors
angerlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blowout protection, plumbing protection