TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Extreme Cold Weather Camping
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Default Running 2 space heaters

Space heaters pull a lot of current (mine pulls about 11 amps), you can only run one per circuit.

This normally means you can only run one space heater in the camper.

Some people run a second cord out to the power pole and into the 15A plug, but the place that I camp has 30A service only for a lot of spots.

The trailmanor has a 30 amp plug. The incoming power is split into two circuits. One circuit runs the air conditioner and the other circuit runs everything else.

As I was looking at the wiring diagram it occurred to me that you could make a small modification that would let you run two space heaters in the camper.

I plan to simply reroute the never-used outdoor plug to the same circuit as the air conditioner. I can run the plug for the second space heater through the flap and into the outside plug. As long as I don't run the air conditioner and the space heater at the same I'll be in good shape.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote