TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
guitartom

Default leaks

I finally got around to attaching a hose to the water supply yesterday. Looks like I have at least 2 leaks. One is in the pipe right before the grey water purge valve. It is a vertical crack on top of the pipe. Can I fix this or do I have to replace it? Any ideas for either?

Second leak is above the water heater somewhere. I hear it dripping and see it come down the wheel well under the sink. Is this accessible through the outside via the wheel well or will I to remove the heater or the sink? I think I may need professional help for the latter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0866.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	4661   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0868.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	4662   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0869.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	787.5 KB
ID:	4663  
Old 06-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
rumbleweed

Leak 1 looks like a freeze crack. If so it is possible that leak 2 is a freeze leak in the kitchen sink faucet, or sprayer hose. Check the connections for the sink and the sprayer hose. I would try a little all purpose PVC cement in the crack in the drain. Be sure to clean the crack completely with alcohol first. There is little pressure there so you may get away with cement in the crack. If not, you can cut and splice in a piece of pipe.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Tom,

The drain pipe that is cracked is ABS pipe. You want to make sure you use a cement that works for ABS also, and not just PVC.

Here is a thread recently that tells how a person repaired a crack in the ABS gray water holding tank on their TM.

I think I'd try to patch that one before I replaced the pipe.

I agree with Bob on the second leak. It might be the faucet, or it might be a loose nut where the water line attaches to the faucet. Can you take a mirror and a light and look up there and see where it is coming from?

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
guitartom

Thanks for the suggestions, especially regarding a fix for the abs pipe. I'm hoping the patch/weld scenario will work as it's too close to cut at the valve and maybe too close to cut and fit another coupler right next to the existing one.

As far as the leak by the sink: because of the heater being right in the way, does anyone have an idea of how to remove the sink?