TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
JOEALAN

Default As of April 2008, hanging cabinet over sink no longer available in oak

I just received an email from Adam from TM on my request for a hanging cabinet over stove. They are out of material (oak) and due to very low demand they are not planning to buy any oak stock in the future. So, I'm out of luck there.

I was just wondering if anyone might of purchase a cabinet from another vendor that is pretty close to the existing cabinets. If nothing else I may look at having something fabricated (Something like a very small bookshelf).

If any of you get a chance I sure could use the measurements of hanging cabinets over sink and stove. Depth, width and height.

Thank you,

Joe
Old 04-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

It is unlikely that you will find an existing cabinet from another manufacturer, since the back of the cabinet isn't flat. It has a pronounced L-shape, to span the gap at the walls of the front and rear shells.

Although my TM is closed up in the garage right now, I don't recall that the material is real oak. In fact, I thought it was some kind of lightweight pseudo-board covered by (in essence) contact paper.

You might consider re-covering a new stock cabinet with some kind of press-on material, or even real oak veneer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

Joe - check with your local dealer. They may have one in stock. I just had one installed on my 2003 by the dealer. I'm sure he didn't have time to order it because the salesman asked me several times just before I took delivery to clarify the options I wanted. If you want to do it yourself, I'm pretty sure you can get the hanger hardware from TM - you just need to find a cabinet small enough and light enough to hang.
Good luck.
Alan
Old 04-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
JOEALAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
Joe - check with your local dealer. They may have one in stock. I just had one installed on my 2003 by the dealer. I'm sure he didn't have time to order it because the salesman asked me several times just before I took delivery to clarify the options I wanted. If you want to do it yourself, I'm pretty sure you can get the hanger hardware from TM - you just need to find a cabinet small enough and light enough to hang.
Good luck.
Alan

Thank you Alan, I'll do that.

Thanks Bill

Joe