TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
JanetL

Default Lightest TM made

I'm planning on buying a used TM. Which models are the lightest and smallest?
JanetL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:04 AM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

TrailMini/Sport Deck were by far the smallest and lightest. They only had one roof section, I believe there were 16ft and 18ft models?

Amongst the “traditional” TMs obviously the smaller ones are lighter. 2417 & 2518 would be the smallest with two roof sections.

Oh and models with the front bed are lighter than those with the couch or dinette on a front slide-out.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Shane's suggestions are right on. You can find actual numbers on the Trailmanor web site - trailmanor.com. (Some models are no longer made, but you can easily find the numbers with a Google search.) When you look them up, you will find what is called "dry weight". Bear in mind that, like all RV manufacturers, TM's posted "dry weight" is the weight of the unit BEFORE any factory options are added (TM has only a few options, but the air conditioner and the awning weigh a bit), and BEFORE you add any of your own stuff (water, food, clothes, tools, and so forth). Even if you plan to pack light - and actually do it - you should count on adding maybe 500 pounds to the dry weight to determine the actual towed weight, which of course is what you care about.

Several of our members have 3500-pound-rated vehicles, and several have expressed satisfaction with them (some not, of course). An important question is this - where do you plan to tow? Towing on the flatlands of Florida or the midwest is a lot different than venturing into the Rockies or the Sierras, for example.

Hope this helps

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
JanetL

Thank you so much!
JanetL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:51 AM   #5
AMoo222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Shane's suggestions are right on. You can find actual numbers on the Trailmanor web site - trailmanor.com. (Some models are no longer made, but you can easily find the numbers with a Google search.) When you look them up, you will find what is called "dry weight". Bear in mind that, like all RV manufacturers, TM's posted "dry weight" is the weight of the unit BEFORE any factory options are added (TM has only a few options, but the air conditioner and the awning weigh a bit), and BEFORE you add any of your own stuff (water, food, clothes, tools, and so forth). Even if you plan to pack light - and actually do it - you should count on adding maybe 500 pounds to the dry weight to determine the actual towed weight, which of course is what you care about.

Several of our members have 3500-pound-rated vehicles, and several have expressed satisfaction with them (some not, of course). An important question is this - where do you plan to tow? Towing on the flatlands of Florida or the midwest is a lot different than venturing into the Rockies or the Sierras, for example.

Hope this helps

Bill
Problem is I have not found anything that breaks down the weight and can account for the weight of options. Nada's give a single weight and who knows what the option weigh. And I do not think their information is very accurate either because they show the 2009 2720 SL as the same weight as the plain 2009 2720 and isn't the plain 2720 wider and heavier?

I wish Trailmanor would archive the info on previous units so we wouldn't have to guess. I have reached out to them for this info and will see if they get back to me.
AMoo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:18 PM   #6
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default Old, but usable info

Here's a document that one of the members posted awhile back. It's from 2009, so somethings have changed. I've also included an old brochure from 2012 to give you some extra info. As Bill mentioned the weights listed are dry weights without the added items. In the brochure, the weight info is towards the end of the booklet. Good luck with your search.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TM GTW3a.pdf (48.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: pdf TM 2012 Owners guide.pdf (4.48 MB, 179 views)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:36 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Amoo -

Please see the info in your other thread on the same topic. I tried to put a lot more info into it, but you will have to do some of your own work as well.

I wouldn't trust NADA, since their values are just approximate and don't even try to account for individual differences. If you are looking for dry weight specs from past TM years, you can always find them on a site called The Wayback Machine (internetarchive.org). It takes a while to wade through the incredible amount of stuff they have archived, but it is a good tool and worth learning to use if you are willing to spend the time. If you are looking for exact weight of options such as the air conditioner, you will need to find that for yourself. But the fact of the matter is that you don't need the exact weight of the unit. Just look up any RV air conditioner with the same BTU rating, and use its weight. You won't be off by more than 10 pounds or so.

Finally, if you are looking for total as-equipped weight of a specific Trail Manor, it is given on a label that is pasted on the street side of that particular unit. Just read the label.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:41 PM   #8
AMoo222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Amoo -

Please see the info in your other thread on the same topic. I tried to put a lot more info into it, but you will have to do some of your own work as well.

I wouldn't trust NADA, since their values are just approximate and don't even try to account for individual differences. If you are looking for dry weight specs from past TM years, you can always find them on a site called The Wayback Machine (internetarchive.org). It takes a while to wade through the incredible amount of stuff they have archived, but it is a good tool and worth learning to use if you are willing to spend the time. If you are looking for exact weight of options such as the air conditioner, you will need to find that for yourself. But the fact of the matter is that you don't need the exact weight of the unit. Just look up any RV air conditioner with the same BTU rating, and use its weight. You won't be off by more than 10 pounds or so.

Finally, if you are looking for total as-equipped weight of a specific Trail Manor, it is given on a label that is pasted on the street side of that particular unit. Just read the label.

Bill
I am having a hard time tracking down my other posts. Can't seem to find a link to them in my profile, but I will keep looking.

Thanks for the info and I will use internetarchive.org and keep looking for te original thread.

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, I found the user search and found it.
AMoo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:33 PM   #9
MiniMe

I have a 2010 TrailMini 18L. This one has the sofa instead of the dinette.

If you're thinking of buying one of these smaller ones, let me warn you that I wouldn't recommend it for more than 2 adults or for longer trips. There is less room and storage space inside than the larger models, obviously. However, I have to say my favorite thing about these smaller ones are the porch!
MiniMe is offline   Reply With Quote