TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
The3ofus

Default Electric brakes not working,no reading on BC

Hello Trailmanor experts,
Couldn't think of a better place to ask about my problem. We have a 2003 TM 2619. Never had a problem with the electric brakes until last weekend coming home from the state park. I use a Prodigy in our Tahoe for the BC.
Pulling away from our campsite it showed normal reading. Getting to the highway I looked down and no reading at all. Today I took our Tm out of the garage with my truck(using just the manual Tekronix Controller). No reading at all - like it is not even connected. I traced the wires under neath the TM and they all looked connected. I also checked the electrical panel inside. Just for GP, shut everything off and on again. Still no help. Also checked fuse in the battery line(don't know why), guess I'm still hunting for the problem. Never had a problem before. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default First Impression

If you don't have a light on your controller (a green light that turns red/orange when I step on the TV brakes), you don't have a connection to the electric brakes on the TrailManor. Have you checked the brake lights on the TrailManor, when you are troubleshooting the problem you discribed in your post? Chances are good that you trailer lights aren't working either.

There are some technically smart folks on this forum that will be much more able to help you troubleshoot this problem, but maybe I can get you started looking at the TV/TM connector.
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3ofus View Post
Getting to the highway I looked down and no reading at all.
According to the trouble shooting chart in the Prodigy's documentation, no reading at all (no display) indicates that there is loss of power to the Prodigy or loss of ground to the Prodigy. Check the fuse in the TV for the power line to the Prodigy. Check under the dash to make sure that the connector to the Prodigy is still connected.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
The3ofus

Hello again,
I do have trailer lights,brake lights, and Blickers when hooked up from TV to TM. This was one of the first things I checked. Haven't checked the fuse in TV to Prodigy yet. Just seems odd that both vehicles would have the same problem?. Tahoe has Prodigy and Truck has manual BC. I am thinking of crawling underneath the Tm and at each wire cap connections, see if there is any loose or croided up wires?.
Thanks for the input on this.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Could be the bargman connector, I had a bad one on my Trailmanor it was inside of the molded part . You have to check each wire for continuity . All the joint where under the sink!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
The3ofus

ripp1202,
You might have something there. I did trace the wires up into the Tm and they came out under the sink area. Appreciate it. Guess I'll be researching this tommorow after church.
Thanks for info.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
pastor_87

Default Electric Brake issues

I have had some issue on my 96 3023. I can go for about an hour half and then no trailer indicator light on anymore. I replaced the the end on the trailor. Next trip everything was going well then about 1.5 hrs into trip it did it again. I wonder if the magnits get warm and stop working. Any thoughts?
Old 07-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Well you have two trailer brakes so both both to quit at the same time is unlikely. I expect there is a single wire from the bargman to the sub sink splices so the first thing to do is to check for continuty fron the brake line to the ground on the connector. Electo magnets will lok like a very low resistance to ground.

Just had enough light to measure mine and got 5 ohms on the trailer bargman - two furthest from the key are brakes and ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bargman.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	10366  
Old 07-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
daveinfl

I had the same exact problem on my 2619 three weeks ago in Toledo, Ohio. I went to a recommended shop and the first thing they did was crawl under the trailer and replace all the wire splices going to the magnets on the brakes. Took them 25 minutes and cost me $35.00. They said this is a common problem. Water gets in the splices and causes them to corrode. The first indication is getting a higher reading than normal on the controller. I, in fact, did notice that. But attributed it to brake pad wear. No I know for the future.
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
with tow package
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote