TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
clgish

Default Will a 3023 fit in my garage?

I am considering buying a 2007 3023. I will be towing it with a 2003 Toyota Sequoia, V8.

My garage is 21 feet, 1 1/2 inches deep. According to the Trailmanor website the "tow length" of the 3023 is 22 feet, 9 inches. With the 2 foot swing hitch, a 3023 should be 20 feet, 9 inches long.

Does anyone know if the "tow length" provided by the factory is accurate? In other words, are the bumper and lights, etc., included in the factory "tow length" specification?

Thank you for any information you can provide. This site is awesome!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

On the 2720SL the website specifications are acurate, and I'm VERY happy to report that it fits in my 20 Ft. garage (swing hitch). Having said that, when "it" came home for the first time, the extra 1'9" got a little tight. I did not consider 2"x6" cross beams that reinforce my garage door (hurricane stuff). So I'm down to a foot of extra space. The back of my garage has a 3' x 7" step. So I unhitched my TM .... and as i'm pushing back the leveling jacks push up against the step and the TM stops going back (!!)... enough with the details. Having started out with and extra 1'9", I now clear my garage door by about 1" when it's closed. The message here is, take a good look around your garage and make sure you really have the space you think you have.

I'm one of those people that will only see what he wants to see and nothing more. Make sure you're not doing grill-n-go math. ... and then there is your vertical clearance.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
RCCBV1

Ok, I park my 3023 in front of the car, (the garage is two cars wide, and two cars deep) but I just measured the TM and it comes out to be right at 21 feet. This is with the swing hitch in the retracted position. You should be able to fit it in. To make sure I have complete control, I use an electric dolly to move the TM around.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
clgish

Thank you all for your responses.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
PopBeavers

When I back my 2720 into the garage the first thing to hit the back wall when I forget to set the wheel chocks to stop me is the receiver hitch on the back of the TM. If you get the receiver hitch add about 2 inches. Personally I am glad I have it. So far I have hit the back wall 3 times and if I did not have it then I would have hit the upper rear shell instead.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
RCCBV1

The receiver hitch on the 2007 does not stick out beyond the back bumper. So you do not have to worry about that.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
KANTOQUAD

wE JUST BROUGHT HOME ANEW 2006 2720. well, it doesnt fit in our 82 inch high garage. We have an incline and with the 14 inch AC, it is a no go by about 5 inches. We have the lift. I emailed the dealer to see if there is any way we could swap out for a lower profile unit. Does any one have any suggestions? Oh yes, we are forbidden from keeping it in our driveway.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:05 AM   #8
pbuck1

Kantoquad,
The specifications say it should fit (64.5" +14.25" for the AC = 78.75"). Maybe you also have the lift kit, so the TM height is 80.75").
It's hard to envision your situation, but I'm assuming that you have a steep slope down to the garage door opening, so that at the point when the AC tries to pass through the opening, the TM wheels are still a little ways up the slope and therefore some number of inches higher than the garage floor level....am I right?

If so, maybe (a big maybe) something could be done by a: gaining an inch or two by letting some air out of the tires, b: gaining more inches with a special tow hitch (used only for taking the TM in and out of the garage) which lowers the front of the TM a few more inches than the regular tow hitch (releasing the WDH bars would help here, too) c: getting a TM with no lift kit, if yours has one.

Also what kind of garage door do you have? Sometimes, the 3-section roll-ups can be adjusted to gain more clearance.

-Paul
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #9
Cobra500

Is there a detailed drawing or picture of the swing-hitch somewhere?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
KANTOQUAD

THANKS FOR THE TIPS, YOUR DESCRIPTION OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IS EXACT. The AC is hitting the cross beam even before it hits the door. We do have a lift kit. MIght try to find a hitch yhat is taller, thanks.