TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
KC Dave

Default New Owners!

We made the big plunge last week and purchased a new 3124KS from Happy Trails RV Center in Phillipsburg, MO. It's scheduled for delivery in a couple of weeks. We appreciate all the advice and knowledge this site has offered.

Although we have downloaded all the various checklists, any additional advice on what to look for and questions we should ask when we pick-up our new unit is welcome. Thanks!

KC Dave, Mom and the Kids - Buddy and Tippy (World's Greatest Rat Terriers!)

2007 3124KS
2006 Toyota 4Runner
Equal-i-zer WDH
Voyager Brake Controller
Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
BrigCA61

Welcome KC Dave & Family (terriers too!). The checklist will be very handy. If you want, you might benefit from taking your video camera with you as they demonstrate some of the functions of the trailmanor. It's hard to remember all that they cover.. this way you can review it later. Also write up a list of questions you want to ask. Other than that, I have no further advise. Am looking forward to hearing about your maiden voyage and hopefully seeing some pics!

Happy Camping! :-)
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
KC Dave

Appreciate the vote of confidence, Leon! Good advice. One of the perks of buying from Happy Trails is they pay for the first night at the KOA right next door to the dealership, then provide follow-up assistance the next day. From there we'll either head to Devil's Den State Park in northwest Arkansas (it's a gorgeous park with newly renovated sites and facilities), or Lake of the Ozarks State Park in central Mizzou for several more days. We want to get in some quite mid-week camping time before all screaming urchins get out of school! Pics to follow.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Jubolo

Default Trailmanor QC!!

It appears from the posts on this forum, that TM is not doing a very through check to see if all systems are "Go" before shipping to a dealer!!

I think they should also give their trailers a good heavy shower to check for leaks, which apparently they are not doing!!

I'm considering buying a new light weight TT, but with TM'S apparent lack of good QC, I may go the "Trail or Tow Lite way" !!

Fred
Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jubolo wrote
Quote:
I'm considering buying a new light weight TT, but with TM'S apparent lack of good QC, I may go the "Trail or Tow Lite way" !!
Sounds like it might not be a bad idea. Please use the opportunity to tell us about the QC of the "other guys". We can all learn something.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
Jubolo

I'm' not saying they are superior, just that I think TM is not doing a very good job of QC on their trailers, before they leave the factory.

Just read the posts in General Discussion, "Introduction to our maiden voyage".

Roof leaks, antenna not working properly. Reading that, would you say TM is doing a good job of QC???

I like the trailer, it would be ideal for me and my wife, just not TM'S factory QC !!

If me posting sorry news about what I think, and you disagree, fine!

Just please do not ask me on other trailers QC, I'm not an expert, just expressing my thoughts on what I have read on this forum.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
2bcs1jrt

Sounds to me like people are genuinely asking for feed back. You may be reading it as sarcasm but I don't think so. Several folks have gone to Hi Los or 5th wheels etc and still post back here occasionally. Good info is good info. That's why we learn so much from this forum. It's not only about pumping up the virtues of the TM. It's about the whole experience and your input after looking into other TTs will be of interest to the rest of us.
Cheri
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Ha...over on Outbackers.com...quality control is often discussed........ We always blame the oops we find on the Captain's little buddy Gilligan. We often joke about him but.... sometimes we want to wring his neck. I think anything man made has the potential to have a problem. There are a LOT of members on that board....and they are very helpful just like the members here are. Some Outbacks develop delamination....some do not...some of the black tanks and the gray tanks are mislabeled at delivery time...most are just as they should be. It was scarey for me to buy one after reading some of the posts....but I finally realized that I felt comfortable
because of the great network of friendly helpful people on that site. Now that we know that ...what we actually want and need is something more compact and fuel efficient...and that is....well is a Trailmanor...I feel comfortable because of the helpful people on this site. I also feel that the company could not have stayed in business this long if they were just marketing junk. The Keystone Company stands behind their products and routinely has the repair work done on documented problems. I have seen nothing to indicate to me that Trailmanor Co. does not do the same thing.

I recently saw a 2005 HiLo Classic....that looked like it had been rode hard and put up wet. There is a Hilo board on yahoogroups.com and it is free to join and the folks there appear helpful. There is also another HILO board...I think it is Hilo.com..and if you want to join or even...just gain access to read to educate yourself...guess what.....you may NOT do so unless you can give them the vin number of your HILO camper....so no prereading to educate yourself of potential problems. I know this for a fact because I was turned down when I asked to join.

Congrats to the new owners!!! (I am jealous) and for those of you who think you have problems with Marathon tires go read the Nanco tire threads on Outbackers.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
Bill & Lisa

Jubolo,
Any forum worth it's salt is going to honestly discuss quality control items. The Montana Owners Campsite has some winners. So far, no QA issues on on new Montana 5er (3000RK) but I had several dumb design issues. (3 and counting). I did have one dumb design on my TM and that was running the gas line up to the stove at an angle across the opening of the cabinet beneath the stove. We paid the dealer to put in some 90 degree angle joints and the pipe now follows the outline of the opening instead of across the opening.

I still have my 2006 3023 listed for sale in the for sale section. I can guarentee it does not leak. I believe I have found all of the possible issues with one exception. I have not overfilled my grey water tank to see if the junction where the discharge line enters the tank leaks or not. So it might have the same problem others have had. TM covered all reported cases under warranty and my unit comes with the 7 year extended warranty so if it became an issue it would be covered.

Bill
Old 04-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
countrygirl
Could you cut and paste some info about those tires here?
sure Leon...I will start a new thead on it though.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote