TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
barely

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
I don't have the manual here. But I'm pretty sure the Elkmont frig does not support D.C. operation. It's just too big and would draw down the regular battery too fast. So that heater must be 110V A.C. ?
You can borrow my copy right here. The diagram on the middle of page 25 shows the schematic you need. (the key is inconveniently located on page 10). The heater is labeled "F".

True, the fridge won't cool itself on 12V only, but it still needs 12V to power the electronics. As to whether this heater operates when on gas... the manual says that the heater operates when the unit is "on". (Page 4) I have no idea how much of a draw it is.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
brulaz

Thanks for that. I threw out the French version of my manual, not realizing all the schematics are at the end of it.

Yes, I see now that the AC heater is different and labelled A in the diagram. And F is the "Divider Heater" and it's connected to 7 "Divider +12VDC", so it's definitely a 12VDC heater.

And just to amplify what you've already said, this is (according to the manual) a:
"Moisture reduction heater:
The refrigerator has a heater that prevents moisture from forming
on the center divider between the doors of the freezer and the
fresh food compartment. The heater operates only when the
refrigerator is ON."

So I guess that the 0.6A I measured when the frig was on propane included this little heater.

Not sure if it's worth the trouble to see what happens when it's disconnected. It looks like it's wires come from P1 on the power board and then go to the display board internally. Might be able to get at P1 from the rear ...