TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
Magdefrau

Default storm and Trail Manors

Oh no not this guy.......................

Hey wind and storms are scary.

One TM owner told a story that because he had left the TM hooked to his TV his family weathered a strong late night storm. The pop ups at the park
that had unhooked were turned over or tipped on their side.

This summer on a trip to California we saw many dust devils. They are very interesting to watch. Mini tornatoes I suppose. In Gallope NM I was the one, Yes it was me, I time it so we drove into a Dust Devil. The Dodge Carvan hooked to the 3023 TM. Everyone else stopped to wait. I gave out a yell and we charge through. My wife laughed as she tried to take pictures.
For a moment I couldnot see....I let off of the gas. As it cleared a quater second later. Paper and weeds had filled the air as well as dust. The van sway or pushed a bit. It was not a rock or tip. Just a buffit of wind. It wasn't that big of a deal. If it had been the biggest dust devil I do not knowwhat might had happen. By the end of the trip come back through this dust devil area I was able to miss a direct incounter. Which is best.

It is a trueism that thetmwhile closed will not catch as much wind as the fixed hard sided RVs. If I was in my TM watching News that told of approaching storms. I would fold down the TM, Hook to the TV and wait it out like that. If tornatoes were forcasted I would leave theTVto seekaapprovedstormshelter. It will happen .....as we go all the time with the TM.

Twice on the move we were in heavy rain. Understand your TV will not get as good of road traction as in dry condition. Warning!!!! this is a test question. Somonewillnotstopsoon enough in heavy rain, don't let it be you. You will survive a dust devil easier. And always chock your TM before disconnect.

we will go on a short early fall outing this week end. The TM is ready to go.
My wife has a doc visit monday. Life is short. Most have to work their fingers to the bone. But sometime in the past my great great grand parents came to the United States in hope of a better life.....in real life it is most likly me who the better life. Camping out inthe parks both state andfederal is a real freedom. We are blessed. Thanks GrandDad.