TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Reldma

Default How many would buy a second TM

We are looking for a used TM and have been reading the forum and started to wonder how many current owners would buy a second TM. There seem to be more TM's that are for sale that are just a few years old and could not see why they were selling them. Are they buying a new TM or moving to 5th wheels or maybe they just can't or don't want to camp anymore.
Just trying to get a feel from others if they would do it again I guess is my question. Probably being a nervous first time TM buyer. We had a popup 20 years ago and the life cycle is turning us back into wanting to camp with the grands. We started off thinking of just buying a popup, but then discovered the TM's on Ebay.
Reldma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Would, without hesitation

We bought our TrailManor, after many years of tent camping and two popup campers. Our TrailManor has completely met our expectations. We've had a few problems, but nothing that we couldn't fix ourselves. Have been able to camp in the heaviest rain we have ever experienced and been secure and comfortable. Have been able to extend our camping season, because of the insulation and heater in our TrailManor.

Also, we have been very pleased with the Customer Service provided by Ed at TrailManor.

We wouldn't go back to popup camping, because of all the quality features provided by our TrailManor - and, it tows like our popups did! And, set up is a breeze!

For us, the question isn't, "Would you buy another Trailmanor?" It's "Why did you wait so long to buy your TrailManor?"

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Freedom

I agree with Virginia Deacon. We had pop-ups, Travel trailers, even an Apache which had rigid sides, but was basically a tent trailer. Now the TM is what we have and enjoy it. There are some things I would change if I were the manufacturer, but I'm not so will live with them. (Well, maybe I'll change some of them.) I think for us it is the best trailer and would buy another in a minute - except NOT the same model. We have a 2619 and would get a 2720 (Not SD or SL) if we had it to do over again. We will probably eventually do that if we stay healthy and live long enough!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
evans27292

we are on our 2nd TM, 1st one 2005-3023. 2nd TM 3326 2007 king ,we love them both.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
2bcs1jrt

I have a 2518 that is 11 years old. I bought it 2 years ago.
I think that the former Pop Up folks (I am one of them) are the easiest to sell on the TM concept. We are used to some labor involved with set up and tear down but we also like the ease of towing the low profile TT. And the TM is such a step up in comfort!
I continually look for other low profile options and have not found one that has the interior space, light weight, and ease of towing of the TM.

Having said that, I think a lot of folks get tired of the set up and tear down aspect and are willing to drive the big TVs that are required to tow the big TTs for the sake of convienence and ease of arrival and departure rituals.

I can understand their line of thinking and there may come a day when I will no longer want the "hassle" of laboring over the TM (and our stuff) prior to heading out or settling in to our destinations. I think that will be 10 or 15 years down the road for me. (at least I hope so) So for now, I'll stick with the TM as it really is the best of both worlds between a pop up and a hard sided TT.

And yes I hope to own a newer larger one some day.

My 2 cents

Cheri
Old 07-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Joseph

Default For a bigger TM, you bet!

We purchased our TM in January of this year. All of my camping has been tent, then pop-up. The only other experience I have to compare it to is a 33 foot travel trailer my parents owed once upon a time. The TM is nothing like it. Almost the same amount of room and a heck of a lot easier to tow. Other than that I have nothing else to compare it to. So far so good. No problems. With the help of this forum I even installed a lift kit on it! The TM appears to fill a unique “niche” in the camper / RV market place. And since I still find myself in that niche I would purchase another TM. One of the bigger ones!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Moved up from a pop-up and if my TM vanished today, I would buy another for all the same reasons I bought this one. For the easy towing and storability, plus hard sides and comfort features, I know of nothing else that fits the bill. It has quirks but the plusses outweigh the minuses.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #8
baker75

We have had our TM for a short time. I am about as mechanically inclined as a brick, but I seem to be able to handle the TM just fine. Plus I don't need any advice from the inlaws since they don't know about my TM.

We are planning a week long trip to the black hills this weekend a short 6 hour jaunt.

From the short amount of time I've had it. And only minor frustration with the hitch. ( user error) I would definately purchase another one when this one is done.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
jellis

We actually had the opportunity(?) to purchase another type of camper last year after our 3124KB was stolen. After studying everything on the market, we ended up buying a TM exactly like our original. If you're willing to put up with the limitations, and every form of camping has its limitations, the TM has a great combination of features.

Our one hesitation was the hassle of setting up and taking down the unit when on the road for several days in succession. This can get to be a chore that you don't look forward to. It also limits the hours you spend on the road if you don't want to do it in the dark. We've decided that when this gets to be too much, we'll just check into a hotel.

Though we found the quality control to have slipped a little between the 06 and 07 models, there's still nothing quite like it and it fits us.

Good luck in your search.
Jon and Rita
Old 07-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
baker75

Oh, a little more. We've had quite a few campers in the last few years. My last and still for sale is a 1988 class A winnebago. I find the trail manor just as comfortable as the 27" class A. I had a 19' pull behind. It wasn't comfortable and it seemed like more work to set up than the trail manor is. It may have been my inexperience though I think the trail manor is fun to setup. My neighbors where all standing out in the street watching me put up my TM. And there is always a camper that wants to see it. . the 19' pulled horribly compared to my tm. pulled horribly compared to my TM.