TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #11
Expanderoo

That helps a lot -- the AC gasket is reasonably priced and now I have a better picture of how it all goes together. It might be that the lower caulking/silicon/? that looks precise on mine just looks like that because I haven't gotten close enough to it yet. I'm afraid to go on the roof as I'm a pretty big guy. But I have some plywood and pink insulation board and I am going to go up on it shortly for the vents so I'll take a closer look.

I don't know that I want to rip all of this off but I think it is probably a good idea to do so. I did take the inner trim off of the air conditioner and observed the PVC frame has a bunch of cracks in it -- most seemed to be where it had a screw going into it too.

Half the battle is knowing what you're up against and now I'm feeling not too bad about it... Just have to figure out how to get that AC unit off the roof or maybe I can just put some more plywood up there and slide it off the mount, do the work and slide it back on? Hrm...
Expanderoo is offline   Reply With Quote