TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
moaboy

Earl,
Cool.
Seems like a good idea to focus on those areas that really get a lot of wear and tear.
Did you have to lube the bearings much while traveling?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #22
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Never had to do a thing! The hubs were always cool to the touch and equal in temp! Next month we are going to Franklin, NC for a reunion. In the mean time I intend to recheck everything again and replace the grease again! I'll let you know afterwards how the grease looks after 12,000 miles! BTW! I changed the oil in my truck and used Valvoline Synthetic 10w30! As we neared home the the computer showed the oil life was at 80%! I thought that was pretty cool!

Joan packed two totes with clothes, 1 for each of us! As we used what we kept in the wardrobe and drawers and filled the laundry bag she could replenish! Laundry was never a problem since most campgrounds had laundry rooms! The totes were easy to get to in the back of the truck! I brought folding chairs and a clothes drying rack and several other luxuries that only got in the way!! A small folding table, big enough for the grill, and collapsible camp chairs is what we used. Beside the grill, our thirty year old Colman Camp Griddle was the most valuable item to have!

Since we always had hook-ups we used a tower style heater from Sam's Club! It has a remote and oscilates plus is very quiet! We used a water pressure regulator and water filter from WalMart! Take a few good hose repair fittings along, Hoses seem to bulge or blow out near either end! Two 25 foot hoses were necessary at times! I carry two extension cord adapters from Harbor Freight! (Great price) 1 for 30A to 15A and 1 for 15A to 30A! I threw away the small adapter after it nearly melted while hooked to a 15 amp circuit!

As I think of more stuff I'll add it!
Good night for now,

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
Dalat

Wow! You must have fun traveling. I am thinking about a 48 state capital tour around America with a couple of friends.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Hi dq_ninh,
In July we head to Maine and Nova Scotia. The New England states are all we lack to have covered all 50 states plus Canada and a short trip in Mexico! We get antsy while hanging around the house so we keep the TM at the ready for quick getaways! Florida is a great place for year round camping and the state parks are beautiful!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote