TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2017, 05:52 AM   #11
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Default I get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
and have an unlimited data service. I usually take some DVDs that I don't watch, by the time I return to the trailer am usually too tired to watch a movie. (for me the fun is in designing the system, not using it).
That's funny. I agree with you. I enjoy the process of putting stuff together, solving the problems and engineering solutions.i tend to sell my toys after getting them "just right" ( to me ).

For me, after a day of cycling, paddling or hiking I'll tend to fall asleep too early and then wake up at 5 AM.

Paul
Old 06-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #12
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

We keep a small Vizio smart tv in the camper and use it exclusively with the output of my wife's iPad. Got a few movies and downloaded some old TV series off of iTunes. Since the cellular connection is often spotty, she downloads them all beforehand. We connect the iPad with a little thing we got from apple that converts the lightning connection out of the iPad to HDMI. When the A/C (loud) is on we hook up a speaker using the headphone out, again wired. We had played around with the Apple TV, but it requires an internet connection to stream the stuff from the iPad, even if it is already downloaded to the device. I don't think it needs the internet connection on constantly, possibly just when you start playing the content, but it is required. The wire on the other hand is 100% reliable.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:06 PM   #13
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Just want to make sure you are charged properly.

Is good to have a cell phone with unlimited data that can act as an access point.

What is Green Cove Springs like ? Have been thinking about a lot near the St.Johns to go camping since am fully self contained.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:27 AM   #14
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Just want to make sure you are charged properly.

Is good to have a cell phone with unlimited data that can act as an access point.

What is Green Cove Springs like ? Have been thinking about a lot near the St.Johns to go camping since am fully self contained.
Green Cove is a quiet little town, with enough shopping to get by. For anything major I have to travel to Palatka to the South or Fleming Island to the North. I live on the river about 6 miles south of the town on Deer Island. I'd be open to having a guest TM at my place. I have a shower and bathroom outside of the main house specifically for campers. I've been thinking about tapping my septic system for a dump point near the camping area.i sometimes use my camper as a gust room.

Paul
Old 01-15-2022, 01:05 PM   #15
Shane826
TrailManor Master

There is another solution here… Queue the movie during the day so it’s ready to watch at night when everyone else is trying to direct stream.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:27 PM   #16
mtnfarmgirl

What did you ultimately decide to do? Are you happy with whatever you're doing now to watch tv?
mtnfarmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #17
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhellings View Post
That's funny. I agree with you. I enjoy the process of putting stuff together, solving the problems and engineering solutions.i tend to sell my toys after getting them "just right" ( to me ).

Paul
Story of my life. That's why we've gone through 6 RVs in the last 15 years.